"Pennsylvania is fourth in the nation in the manufacturing of toiletry products, and Seokoh's expansion in Lackawanna County is a testament to our competitive advantage," said Governor Wolf. "Our diverse workforce and central location make Pennsylvania a prime place to do business and we are pleased to see Seokoh further grow its operations right here in the commonwealth."
Seokoh, owned by Kolmar Korea, currently owns a 70,000-square-foot facility and leases three other facilities. The company will purchase two adjoining sites next to its current manufacturing facility in the Scott Technology Park to construct a new 200,000-square-foot facility. The company will also renovate its current manufacturing facility and purchase new equipment to provide for streamlined operations and future growth. The company has pledged to invest $27.9 million into the project, and has committed to create at least 280 new, full-time jobs and retain 290 existing jobs over the next three years.
More on The PennZone
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- Steel Container Manufacturer Expands in Pennsylvania, Supporting 96 Jobs
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- Thiel College to host Community Medical Ethics Project event
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
"This expansion project is planned to be the location of the company's North American headquarters, adding 'beyond continents' to 'beyond science, beyond inside, beyond Kolmar… for an ever changing and evolving Kolmar Korea'," said Jason Lee, Director, North American Business Division of Kolmar Korea. "Seokoh and Kolmar Korea would like to thank Scott Township, Lakeland School District, and Lackawanna County as well as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for their continued support. We would also like to express our appreciation for the assistance of the Chamber of Scranton and the Governor's Action Team for their efforts and guidance."
Seokoh received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development for a $126,000 workforce development grant to help the company train its existing workers and $480,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits to be distributed upon creation of the new jobs. The company was also encouraged to apply for a $7.25 million loan from the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA). The project was coordinated by the Governor's Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the governor and work with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania.
More on The PennZone
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
"The beauty industry in the U.S. reached $18.8 billion in 2018, comprising of $13.7 billion in makeup and skin care product sales. Seokoh, Inc. is a global leader in the cosmetics industry. Their investment within Scott Technology Park is a testament to the success manufacturing companies are experiencing in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. We look forward to continued partnerships, working alongside the Seokoh team, as they grow their corporate campus, creating quality jobs, and investment in Scott Township," said Bob Durkin, president, The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce.
Seokoh is a leading contract manufacturer and filler of premium cosmetics and personal care products. Seokoh and its affiliates/subsidiaries offer full concept-to-shelf services including product formulation and development, color matching, manufacturing, filling and ingredient and packaging sourcing.
For more information about the Governor's Action Team or DCED, visit dced.pa.gov.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana Maryland Moving to Urbana Giant Shopping Center
- 1st Defense Self-Storage Sets The Standard For Self-Storage In Corpus Christi
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- American Wild Horses Set On Path To Extinction?
- Off-Site Construction Builder Connecticut Valley Homes Wins Multiple Awards from the National Association of Home Builders
- Introducing the Live Active Five: Now Available in the U.S
- Gamry Instruments to Participate in a Presentation at NACE Corrosion 2020
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sponsors Event for Daniel K. Wepryk Foundation
- Canadian Technology Startup Program Selects California-based New Frontier Aerospace for its 2019/20 Cohort
- Paramount Management Group Recognizes Talent by Promoting Two of Its Leaders
- Paramount Management Group Acquires Certain Assets of New York-Based CNY ATM
- JUST RELEASED...CHRIS JASPER reinvents his ISLEY BROTHERS Classic "For The Love Of You"
- Spending Cuts By Memory Companies Muting Semiconductor Equipment Growth in 2020
- Halloween Escape Rooms Have Opened at Escape My Reality
- Philly-Based Independent Artist Matthew John Pulls No Punches in his Quest to Reach the Stars
- Astor Capital Fund in Rumored Talks to Explore a $5 Billion Bank Merger with Saudi Alinma Bank
- The latest IoT building controller from EasyIO pacts a punch
- Astor Capital Fund in Talks to Carve Out $22M Tech Partnership Venture with Saudi Investors
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- E-Camping Us: Important Camping Supplies for a Successful Trip