"Pennsylvania has a long, rich history in steel manufacturing, and this project is a testament to the industry's strength, despite recent challenges it has faced," said Gov. Wolf. "The commonwealth welcomes Custom Container Solutions to Northumberland County and looks forward to decades of continued industry growth and history to be made."
CCS has purchased the former Crest Homes building located in the Milton Industrial Park in Milton, Northumberland County and will expand its operations to this new headquarters and flagship plant. The property has been vacant since 2008. The project will allow the company to meet its growth potential and service customers in the Mid-Atlantic region. CCS has committed to investing at least $5.5 million into the project, and has pledge to create 36 and retain 60 statewide jobs over the next three years, including the retention of 18 jobs at its plant in Mercer County.
More on The PennZone
- Copper Hospital Bed Study Shows 90% Reduction on HAI Bacteria Counts
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf and Rural Students Celebrate PAsmart Success for Science and Technology Education
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Assists Confectionery Manufacturer Expansion to Lehigh Valley, Supporting 134 New Jobs
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
"This expansion, supported by the Governor's Action Team, Representative Culver, Senator Gordner, the Milton Area School Board, Milton Borough, Northumberland County and the Central PA Chamber of Commerce, will position CCS to better serve our existing customers and maximize the market opportunity in the Mid-Atlantic," said Todd Vonderheid, Managing Member/CEO of CCS. "The dedication and expertise of our existing team members in both Central and Western PA have made this project possible and the future of CCS bright."
CCS received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development for a $50,000 Pennsylvania First grant and $21,600 in grants for workforce training and development. The company was also encouraged to apply for a low-interest $2.75 million loan from the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority to assist with equipment costs and renovations. The project was coordinated by the Governor's Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the governor and work with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania.
More on The PennZone
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- Tax Lien Investing Workshop on Saturday - With The Tax Lien Lady
- Get Unstuck and S.E.X.Y. New Book Alert and Upcoming Events
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Gov. Wolf: State Agencies Prepared for Winter Weather, Pennsylvanians Should Prepare
CCS is a manufacturer of custom and industry standard roll-off, hook lift, and front and rear load steel containers for the waste, recycling, scrap, and environmental services industries. CCS has locations in Union County and Mercer County.
For more information about the Governor's Action Team or DCED, visit dced.pa.gov.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Ex-Patient Sues "Suboxone for Cash" Opioid Treatment Clinic
- Berks County Dentists Replacing Missing Teeth with Dental Implants in Reading
- Cavalier Ebanks Galleries: Contemporary Realism
- Insider tells story of misuse of political power, media influence and a grand jury to provide Pub
- Refereum Partners With DLive, enabling millions of more players to earn on-chain rewards from watching and streaming games
- New Highway Mystery set in the Rocky Mountain Trench
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Signs Laws Creating Nonprofit Security Grant Fund, Keystone Tree Fund
- RadonAway Announces New Canada Distribution Partnership with Ontor
- TONY CHILD™ ANNOUNCES: The GratiShift™ 30-DAY CHALLENGE......Shift from "not enough" to "ALWAYS ENOUGH."
- Gov. Wolf: Now is the Time for Pennsylvanians to Buy Health Insurance
- Dental Implants in Reading Replacing Missing Teeth
- Hundred, personalized vitamin brand, raises $8MM from Insight Partners to expand to the US market and change the way you take vitamins
- Digital Media Solutions Acquires Insurtech Company UE.co
- Blooming Culture Offers Pet Parents Relief with Innovative CBD Products to Manage Pet Wellness, Travel, and Dosing
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Awards $3.4 Million in Grants to Support Pregnant and Postpartum Women with Opioid Use Disorder
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $5.4M Contract
- Seven Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation 2020 Ranking
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Helps Elk County Manufacturer Expand, Create New Opportunities for Job-Seekers
- National Lacrosse League Announces Partnership with Grabyo
- Symplast Founder Dr. Shashi Kusuma to Present Multimedia & Telehealth Breakthroughs at the 2019 QMP Aesthetic Surgery Symposium