"At a time when vital issues that affect the lives, health and safety of Pennsylvanians are being brought for consideration before the highest court in the nation, our leaders must proceed with great care and deliberation as they determine the right person to fill Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat on the bench.
"The next Supreme Court Justice will join the court in ruling on key issues of our day that are of grave importance to Pennsylvanians, including health care and a woman's right to choose. It would be an unconscionable error to rush into a nomination when the people of Pennsylvania and the nation as a whole will make clear their wishes for the future of our country in a few short weeks.
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Evolus, Inc. (EOLS) Investors
- DEADLINE REMINDER: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Pintec Technology Holdings Limited (PT)
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of First American Financial Corporation (FAF) on Behalf of Investors
- TVS Inspirational Network Adds Faith Based Classic TV Shows to Post Cable Network
"In 2016, Sen. Toomey refused to vote on a nominee to the Supreme Court after Associate Justice Antonin Scalia passed away eleven months prior to the election. To quote the senator's own words from that time, 'This decision should not be rushed, and it should not be made amid the clamoring of a presidential election season.'
"With less than a month and a half before the 2020 general election, I call on Sen. Toomey to uphold his own precedent, and commit to refusing to vote for or against any nominee to the Supreme Court until the next presidential term begins."
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Fulton Financial Announces Pricing of $200 Million Offering of Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock Depositary Shares
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- What Pet Owners Need to Know About Pennsylvania's First COVID-19 Positive Cat
- FSK Announces Earnings Release and Conference Call Schedule for Third Quarter 2020
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces Plan to Waive Liquor License Fees To Provide Financial Relief to Restaurants and Bars
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- CEREC Crowns from Lehigh Valley Dentist Can Be Placed in as Little as One Visit
- Mount Wi-Fi Access Points on Walls with Oberon's 1007 Series Right-Angle Bracket
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Storage/Reminder Unit for Medication (TRO-335)
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Prosperoware Announces Recognition as Prominent Privacy Vendor in the IAPP 2020 Privacy Tech Vendor Report
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Dental Implants in Springfield Start at Only $750
- KDG Named a Top 2020 B2B Company by Clutch.co
- Freya Systems Takes Off As One Of Philadelphia100®'s Fastest Growing Companies
- Pharmaceutical Giant Mallinckrodt Bankruptcy Threatens Lawsuit Filed by Local Unions and Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition, Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars