Comedians Turner and Vatterott go into the field, sign up for a new task, and get first-hand knowledge about the real struggle behind side hustles and the gig economy. Their adventures have made them accidental experts on the gig economy and side hustles.
"We wanted to work on something together and it was either do a podcast or restore a muscle car," says Turner. "Since we know nothing about cars, we did this podcast. I wish there was a podcast like ours when I was in college that gave different ideas and reviews on how to make money!"
"We get to bring listeners along to Tijuana or a night of babysitting without them having to deal with all the screaming and vomit," laughs Vatterott.
More on The PennZone
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Gov. Wolf, Sec. of Health: Pennsylvania on Statewide Stay-at-Home Order Beginning at 8 PM Tonight, "Most Prudent Option to Stop the Spread"
- Thomas Lane named to the National Small Business Association (NSBA) Leadership Council. N
- Bellefonte MedTech Company Shifts to Producing Face Shields During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
Their favorite gig was winning a car on The Price is Right. Notes Vatterott, "The Price is Right was probably the most fun because it was so surreal, especially when the 'Pod Gods' smile down on you and you've won a new car! We still can't believe it. Tijuana was a lot of fun, too!"
The duo is currently lining up episodes where they investigate self-publishing an e-book, buying Bitcoin, and ridesharing. Turner adds, "People have been bugging us to do a ridesharing episode, so we're going to drive for Uber since Uber is sort of the poster child for the new gig economy."
Exactly how much money have Turner and Vatterott made so far? "I would say that we are a million away from a million, minus a car!" jokes Turner.
Nick Turner is a regular cast member on VH1's Best Week Ever, I Love the 2000's, Game Show Network's Lie Detectors, and TruTV's Almost Genius. His debut album, Yelling, was released in 2016 through Comedy Central Records. Turner has done stand-up on NBC's Late Night with Seth Meyers and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. He is the co-host of Deckheads (iHeartRadio) and, has recently starred in the Comedy Central digital series, Ya Killin' Me!.
More on The PennZone
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Affordable Dental Solutions in Limerick Remains Open During COVID-19 to Handle Emergency Care
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- Easton Dentist Remains Open During COVID-19 to Offer Emergency Dental Services
Nick Vatterott is the recipient of the prestigious Andy Kaufman Award and named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the "break-outs" of the Montreal Just For Laughs Comedy Festival. He's performed on Conan, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and written for Real Time with Bill Maher. Vatterott's comedy album, For Amusement Only, was named one of the "Top Ten Albums of the Year" by Vulture. Chicago magazine chose Vatterott as "The Funniest Man in Chicago".
Get Rich Nick is produced by Lyra Smith and Kimmie Lucas for Earwolf Podcast Network. Their websites are https://www.earwolf.com/show/get-rich-nick/ & GetRichNick.com.
Pemberton Fowler LLC
1621 W. 25th St., #105
San Pedro, CA 90732
Latest on The PennZone
- Harrisburg Orthodontist Offering Braces for Only $3,995
- Selectech Launches Healthcare Division
- STG Logistics handles first FEMA charter of medical supplies
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Coronavirus Positive Patients' can use Sargas' Remote Monitoring platform to free up hospital beds and Medical Staff
- PREIT Takes Steps to Improve Liquidity Position
- Smartglasses Roadmap – the 20's: New report details $34B market. Smartglasses replace smart phones and smart watches by 2030
- Books:Author Doris S. Hall has released New Book: The Heart Speaks of Love, Spirit, Life & Death
- Declaración del Gobernador Wolf sobre el compromiso a tratar a todos los residentes de Pennsylvania de manera justa y equitativa durante la pandemia de COVID-19
- Youth IGF Global Movement as Official Committee of Safer Internet Day 2020 in 11 Countries
- GPHCC's Dine Latino to boost Hispanic restaurant businesses
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf and Sec. of Health Expand 'Stay at Home' Order to Carbon, Cumberland, Dauphin and Schuylkill Counties, Extend School Closures Indefinitely
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- Maestro International Cargo handles sixteen COVID-19 charters in March including three pharma-only charters totaling 200 metric tons
- Oberon Wi-Fi Access Point Mounting Solutions Now Available in iBwave Network Components Database
- ExpressCells Appoints Wendy DiCicco to Board of Directors
- Gov. Wolf Statement on Commitment to Fair and Equitable Treatment of All Pennsylvanians During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reduced prices for mental health support during the difficulty and unknowns of Coronavirus
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- The Town Kitchen, PBC launches TTK Provisions to Serve Youth-Crafted, Locally Sourced Food and Essentials to Households in SF Bay Area