Extraordinarily rare, a Tiffany Studios "Clematis" table lamp is signed on the base that supports a signed leaded and stained-glass shade decorated with an intense mix of all-over blue, purple and pastel clematis blooms against a warm sunset background and blue/gray/purple trellis. Estimate: $80,000-$100,000
A rare buying opportunity presents itself in the form of two five-panel windows attributed to Tiffany Studios and depicting an undulating stream in the countryside. One of the windows shows stately poplar trees and lilies on both sides of the stream. The second window, executed in jewel-like hues of amethyst, sapphire blue and teal, resembles one that appears in Alastair Duncan's book Tiffany Windows.
More on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: El Gobernador Wolf anuncia fondos para limpiar y renovar tres antiguos sitios industriales
- Pennsylvania: PA Office of Advocacy and Reform, PA Attorney General's Office Team Up to Launch PA Trauma-Informed Network
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- HealthVerity sets a new standard in patient identity resolution with the industry's first real-time de-identification and matching solution
- UN 38.3 Test Chamber: Why do you need the UN 38.3 Lithium Battery Test chamber?
"These two windows have been out of sight for forty or fifty years," said Dan Morphy, founder and president of Morphy Auctions. "They were located in a house in Philadelphia and have been in storage ever since being taken down in the 1970s." The duo could realize $100,000-$250,000 on auction day.
An extremely rare signed Tiffany Studios 12-inch (diameter) "Arrowhead Fern" jardinière displays a mosaic pattern inlaid with iridized green-blue Favrile damascene glass and is attributed to Clara Driscoll, one of the "Tiffany Girls." Estimate: $55,000-$65,000
A stunning collection of Webb cameo glass perfume bottles includes floral motifs in a wide range of colors as well as desirable avian forms. A light blue swan with dark blue beak is expected to reach $6,000-$8,000; while a rare white to yellow with yellow beak falcon head carved by Max Erlacher (Corning, NY) is estimated at $8,000-$15,000.
The fine-art offering consists of 26 European paintings and 100+ works by American artists. Leading the group is a historically important William F. Cogswell (American, 1819-1903) life-size portrait of Abraham Lincoln. It is one of three replicas of the official White House portrait of Lincoln that Cogswell created in 1864. The painting offered by Morphy's was displayed at Albion Castle in San Francisco, the city where Cogswell resided at the time of his death. Estimate: $100,000-$500,000
More on The PennZone
- TVS Frontier Network.Com Adds Rawhide, Wide Country, and Stoney Burke to its Post Cable Network Sked
- Thiel College grad has honors thesis published on Northeast Regional Honors Conference website
- Secret Walls Academy X Silverstreetz
- TVS Family Network Adds Dick Van Dyke, Dennis the Menace, Gomer Pyle, Father Knows Best to Schedule
- Gift Giveaways The New Marketing Solution
Fifty fine watches will be auctioned, including 18 outstanding Rolexes and other prized timepieces by Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Franck Muller, and Invicta Lupah. A rare and iconic circa-1978 Rolex Oyster Cosmograph Floating "Big Red" Daytona with Oyster bracelet, Ref. 6263, boxed, is estimated at $100,000-$150,000.
A collection of 140 canes and walking sticks includes carved, chased, hammered and jeweled examples. Many include exotic materials and gold or silver trims. A circa-1851 "assassin's" walking stick cane has a slit in the bottom of the ferrule that hides the assassin's blade. Estimate: $4,000-$6,000.
Also featured: Amphora pottery, bronzes, the original 1903 plaster model for Remington's The Mountain Man, Asian art, jewelry, coins, napkin rings, and vintage holiday postcards.
Bid via the Internet through Morphy Live. Preview by appointment only. Call 877-968-8880, email [email protected], or visit www.MorphyAuctions.com.
SOURCE Morphy Auctions
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The PennZone
- FigBytes Integrates SASB Standards in its Enterprise Sustainability and ESG Platform
- Natural Marketing Institute and Research America Inc. Announce Merger of Companies
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Visits Lancaster EMS to Thank Emergency Responders for Work During COVID-19
- Harrisburg Orthodontist Offering Braces for Teens and Adults
- Sultan Shindi - The founder of SultanCode
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Virtual/Digital Shopping Device to Find Proper Clothing Size (FLA-3286)
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf: Manufacturer to Move Headquarters From New Jersey to Lehigh Valley, Creating 105 New Jobs
- Kopp Glass' 9530 UV Glass Advances Ultraviolet Light Sterilization and Disinfection for a Broad
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Releases Statement in Response to Spread of Misinformation, Attacks on LGBTQ Community
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation announces expansion and move to new research and manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA
- Recycling Business Executive and Longtime CEO Coaching International Client Joins Coaching Roster
- edjuster Enhances Claim Management Solution with Latest Product Release
- STG Logistics rebrands, organizes service offerings for extended outsource clients
- ROCKPALS Launches 250W Portable Power Station for Outdoor Activity and Emergency
- EclecticIQ and ThreatFabric investigation reveals evidence of malicious Android packages posing as legitimate Covid-19 contact tracing apps
- iCODIS – Office Electronics – Hong Kong Codis Electronic
- News: Selling Used Car for Fast without Making a Catchy Ads
- Nitro Interactive Inc. (n2o) Establishes South East Asia Presence With New Partnership
- Data Reconciliation, Data Migration, and More Available with KDG's Digital Accounting Services
- Pennsylvania Commissions Denounce Trump's Latest 2020 Census Executive Memorandum