- LIGUORI ACADEMY- KRAVINSKY LITERACY PROGRAM FOUNDED BY PHILANTHROPIST, ZELL KRAVINSKY
- KiwiQA chosen as the preferred testing vendor by Stone & Chalk, leading Australia-based innovation Start-up & scaleup hub
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
"More than 70% of women incarcerated in Pennsylvania's prisons are mothers. And when they reenter society, they face the everyday struggles of every mother—to balance work, family, and life—combined with the reality of integrating themselves into a society that will immediately slap a label on them for their prior mistakes," said Gov. Wolf. "We see these women, we see their struggle as they stretch themselves thin to make ends meet, let alone thrive.
"I'm grateful to Frances for her dedication to advocating for this funding to come to fruition. Thank you, Frances, for shining a light on this need and bringing this program to life for Pennsylvania's women."
First Lady Wolf secured $2 million for the Women's Reentry Services Initiative in Gov. Wolf's final budget. The program is administered through the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD).
More on The PennZone
- Statement Pursuant to Section 19(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940: DEX
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Legislation Extending Authority of State Horse Racing Commission
- Gov. Wolf: More Than 1.7 Million Pennsylvanians Eligible for Relief on Student Loans
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- Gov. Wolf Reminds Pennsylvanians to Explore Affordable Health Care Options through Pennie Ahead of Open Enrollment Period
"In my past, I served on the board of a women's halfway house in York County, where we advocated for the residents as they reclaimed their lives in reentry. It was there that I was introduced to the challenges women reentrants face and the importance of the community organizations that wrap around them," said First Lady Wolf. "I am proud to announce the launch of the Women's Reentry Services Initiative, a grant program designed to support the non-profits on the front lines of this work. It's bigger than helping women find homes, employment, or childcare; it's about restoring dignity."
Funding is available to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations that support women to give them the best opportunity to successfully transition back into their community and reduce recidivism. Reduced recidivism supports stabilized lives for returning women and their families, reduced costs associated with repeated contact with the criminal justice system at the local level, and safer communities.
Grants of up to $100,000 are available for organizations that will provide holistic reentry support services to women across Pennsylvania. Eligible projects include providing supportive housing, workforce development services and employment assistance, job readiness support services, access to childcare, transportation assistance, healthcare, mental healthcare, peer support and mentoring, and access to family reunification services. The deadline to apply is October 25, 2022.
More on The PennZone
- Aspirant Announces New Organizational Effectiveness Principal
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
- Qurate Retail Group Names Scott Barnhart Chief Operating Officer
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
- Grammy® Nominated Duo Helen Bruner & Terry Jones New Single & Visuals For "At Dinner 32"
Gov. Wolf has made revolutionary reforms to Pennsylvania's criminal justice system during his eight years in office. With second chances and support for success, Pennsylvanians reentering society can improve their economic circumstances and work to the benefit of their local communities.
Gov. Wolf has served for two terms as a leader consistently at work for the people of Pennsylvania. Learn more about how his Priorities for Pennsylvania have fueled the commonwealth's comeback, leaving Pennsylvania in a much better place than when he arrived.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Gov. Wolf's $25 Million State Child Care Tax Credit Will Support 221,000 Working Families in Pennsylvania
- Lincoln Financial Group to Report Third Quarter Earnings
- The Democracy Group launches fellowship for aspiring Gen Z podcasters
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- UnityLab Secures $4.5 Million Series A Funding to Accelerate Growth, Add Jobs and Expand Manufacturing Operations in Dushore, Pennsylvania
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Myonex Launches CTRx Europe, Central Pharmacy Network
- MolecuLight Point-of-Care Wound Imaging Devices Awarded Group Purchasing Agreement with AllSpire Health GPO
- Cantaloupe, Inc. to Delay Form 10-K Filing for Fiscal Year 2022
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Deployment of PA-Task Force 1 to Support Hurricane Ian Response
- InHome Therapy Announces $22 Million Investment Led by TT Capital Partners to Fuel Growth and Expansion
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Kitchen Magic Adopts Zero-Waste-to-Landfill Initiative
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, Lt. Gov. Fetterman: Time is Running Out for People Interested in Quick Pardons through PA Marijuana Pardon Project
- AmerisourceBergen Announces Date and Time for Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Release
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer