- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Recognizes Grocery Store Workers, Now Vaccine Eligible, for Heroic Work
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Dr. N. Scott Adzick Receives Clinical and Translational Science Distinguished Investigator Award for Bringing Fetal Surgery from the Lab to the Clinic
- TVS Main Street Network Returns Petticoat Junction to Tuesday Nights on WatchYour.TV Platform
"These pardons will give these 310 people a chance to put the conviction behind them, offering them more opportunities as they build careers, buy homes, and move on with their lives free of this burden," Gov. Wolf said. "In particular, the nonviolent marijuana convictions-associated pardons have been expedited to make what was a years-long process now a matter of months."
In addition to signing the 310 pardons, the governor denied 13 and held six pardons for further review. Since 2015, Gov. Wolf has signed 1,559 pardons, more than any other governor in more than 20 years. Since the inception of the Expedited Review Program for Non-Violent Marijuana-Related Offenses in 2019, the governor has signed 95 related pardons.
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Ebang International Holdings, Inc. (EBON) Investors
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- TVS Classic Sports Network Adds Iconic College Football Classics to Program Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- BOLD-100 MoA Research to Be Presented at the AACR Annual Meeting
- Mensa Foundation Celebrates 50 Years of Unleashing Intelligence
"I'm proud to be a partner with Governor Wolf in our historic reinvention of second chances for Pennsylvanians," Lt. Gov. Fetterman said.
"The PA Board of Pardons (BOP) has recently broken with administrative tradition by creating an expedited review process for certain pardon applicants convicted of low-level offenses," Brandon Flood, Secretary of the Board of Pardons, said. "This has initially manifested itself in the form of BOP's Expedited Review Program for Non-Violent Marijuana-Related Offenses. However, given the success of this program, BOP will soon be expanding this program to include other low-level, non-violent/non-sexual offenses.
"In addition, BOP is actively working with the governor's office to develop a more streamlined review process for both commutation applicants and certain types of pardon applicants whose applications are recommended by BOP to the governor."
Pardon applications are available at www.bop.pa.gov.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces $2.2 Million for Community Revitalization
- FuseFX Acquires Australia-based Rising Sun Pictures
- Penn National Gaming to Report First Quarter Results and Host Conference Call and Webcast on May 6
- Nisk Real Estate Launches South Florida Brokerage
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Continues Investigation of Ebang International Holdings, Inc. (EBON) on Behalf of Investors
- Charles Arnell joins Fast Mobile Home Loans
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Discusses Vaccine Equity and Progress on Visit to McKeesport Vaccination Clinic
- Dr. Lauren Wegrzyniak Joins Exeter Orthodontics in Harrisburg
- Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP Reminds Investors of Deadline for Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Canoo Inc.
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces Nearly $2.7 Million in Funding to Help Businesses in Bucks, Franklin, Luzerne Counties Grow and Create Jobs
- BEAR Technologies Receives SOC 2 Type II Attestation
- Screening Eagle Welcomes Darren Burford as New Chief Sales Officer
- Automated Financial Systems, Inc. is Ready for SOFR, BSBY, Ameribor, and Other LIBOR Alternative Rate Methods!
- PCADV's Prevention Statewide Leadership Team Releases Bold Five-Year State Action Plan for Preventing Domestic Violence in Pennsylvania
- Fund Street Technologies' Brand, One Park Financial Earns "Best Places To Work" Award by South Florida Business Journal
- Julia Hair Spring Sale Up To 46% Off With Buy Now Pay Later
- CB Insights Again Names AI.Reverie a Top 100 AI Startup
- PQ Group Holdings to Host Virtual Investor Conference on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 10:00 ET; Focus will be Target PQ, a High Growth Pure-Play Catalyst and Services Company
- Ismail Sirdah's Helpful Tips For Selling Event Ticket Online
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of Ubiquiti Inc. (UI) on Behalf of Investors