- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Awards $8 Million in Grants to Increase School Safety
- ExecuSearch Holdings, LLC Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Possible Class Action Lawsuit
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
"This plant is one more example of the many state-of-the-art facilities opening in Pennsylvania," said Gov. Wolf. "Pratt Industries' investment in this community will bring new jobs to Cumberland County and boost the local and regional economy."
Gov. Wolf joined Anthony Pratt, executive chairman of Pratt Industries, for a tour of the new plant, which opened in May, and to unveil a plaque. The company is a prominent paper recycler, and the only major paper container board company whose products are 100 percent recycled.
"As we look toward the future, Pennsylvania is the perfect place for new and growing manufacturing businesses," said Gov. Wolf. "We are conveniently located near other major cities, we are home to leading universities and research centers and we're training the next generation of manufacturing workers, focusing on advanced technical and STEM skills."
Pratt added, "This $150 million state-of-the-art box factory is our company's most recent investment in America and we're proud to have created another 215 full-time, high-paying, green-collar manufacturing jobs right here in Pennsylvania."
More on The PennZone
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- Pennsylvania Commission for Women, Pennsylvania State Police, and Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus Host Women in Law Enforcement Discussion
- CLVT ALERT: Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP Announces Deadline in Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Clarivate Plc
- EQT Corporation Schedules Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Podchaser Partners With Audacy on Podcasting Insights to Enhance Podcasting Capabilities
Pennsylvania has the 18th largest economy in the world, which is larger than the economies of Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Turkey. The commonwealth remains a leader in manufacturing with world-class research and design institutions, technical and industrial resources, and a skilled workforce.
Governor Wolf has made investing in skills training for students and workers a priority, because a skilled workforce will attract more growing companies to Pennsylvania and create good, middle class jobs. The governor created the PAsmart initiative in 2018 and has secured $80 million for computer and technology education at career and technical centers, post-secondary institutions, and K-12 schools.
The Wolf Administration has also established the Apprenticeship Training Office within the Department of Labor & Industry. The office works with the private sector to expand the use of earn-while-you-learn apprenticeships. The opportunities are invaluable in today's economy not only for our workforce, but to ensure that companies looking to hire have access to the highly skilled employees they need to thrive in Pennsylvania.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces $4.5 Million Available for Organizations Targeted by Hate Crimes to Increase Security
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Celebrates $5 Million State Investment in expERIEnce Children's Museum in Downtown Erie
- Bumble Inc. Reminder: Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP Reminds Investors of Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Bumble Inc.
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Department of Community and Economic Development Secretary Dennis Davin to Depart Wolf Administration, Names Neil Weaver as Acting Secretary
- Beth Altman Joins Papyrus Therapeutics Inc.
- DICE Dental Opens Newest Location in Southampton, PA
- edjuster Modernizes Insurance Claims Process with Streamlined Field Support
- Comcast Increases Dividend and Share Repurchase Authorization
- CNX Reports Fourth Quarter Results
- Metrotel from Argentina Chooses Axiros for Full Automation of Their Device and Service Lifecycles
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Bills Supporting Health Care Workers and Students, Vetoes Unfair Congressional Map
- Mens Environmentally Conscious Swimwear To Debut At New York Fashion Week
- Wesco Named to 2022 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
- IDMWORKS Nabs Top 2021 Honors as "Americas SailPoint Partner of the Year" for the Fourth Time in the Past Five Years
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Celebrates Bipartisan House Bill 253, Appropriating $225 Million to Support Health Care Workforce
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces $23 Million in Second Round of Violence Intervention and Prevention Grant Program Awards