During a COVID-19 press briefing today Governor Tom Wolf recommended that all Pennsylvanians wear a mask any time they leave their homes for life-sustaining reasons. As COVID-19 cases steadily rise in the state, Gov. Wolf stressed the need to intensify all measures to help stop the spread of the virus.
"Two days ago, I amplified our social distancing efforts by instituting a statewide stay-at-home order, and today I am asking all Pennsylvanians to wear a mask any time they leave their houses," Gov. Wolf said. "Masks help prevent people from sharing illnesses. But, they don't do a great job at keeping people from getting sick; and, they're not foolproof, so it is critical that our first act is to ask ourselves if we really need to leave our house. If we don't really, truly need to leave, then we shouldn't."
More on The PennZone
- First & Only Urine Test For Colon Polyps Expands Across The US
- Pennsylvania: Reopening Phase Orders Updated to Include 10 Additional Counties Moving to Yellow and 16 to Green on June 5
- Harrisburg Orthodontist Helping Teens Smile with Affordable Braces
- Dentures in Springfield Now Offered by DICE Dental
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Atascadero, CA Opens
"Staying home is the most effective way to protect yourself and others against COVID-19," Sec. of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said. "But, if you must go out because you are out of food or medication, then wearing a mask, or even a bandana across your nose and mouth, could be an extra layer of protection.
"You don't need a surgical mask – we need those for our health care workers and first responders. We have guidance on universal masking on our website, including instructions on how to make your own mask using materials you have at home."
As of midnight, Pennsylvania's COVID-19 cases stand at 8,420 in 63 counties with 102 deaths. Gov. Wolf's statewide stay-at-home order asks Pennsylvanians in all 67 counties to not leave their homes unless it's for life-sustaining reasons. Today, he asked that wearing a mask during those life-sustaining trips becomes the norm.
More on The PennZone
- National Lacrosse League Elects to Shift Attention to Next Season
- Cure SMA Announces New Funding For Network Of Prominent SMA Clinical Research And Treatment Centers
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf: $50 Million in Grants Available to Support Fire and EMS Companies Negatively Affected by COVID-19
- NS4ed to Release Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula in Fall 2020
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
"Wearing a mask will help us cut down the possibility that we might be infecting an innocent bystander, like the grocery store cashier, the pharmacist, or someone stocking shelves," Gov. Wolf said. "These people are keeping us alive by getting us the supplies we need. We owe it to them to do everything we can to keep them safe. Right now, that means wearing a mask."
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, Pennsylvanians should visit: https://www.pa.gov/guides/responding-to-covid-19/.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Exton Braces Helping Straighten Smiles for Teens and Adults
- InventHelp Inventors Develop Easy-To-Install Molding for Homes (TRO-243)
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- DICE Dental Offers Dental Implants in Springfield Starting at Only $250
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Executive Order Extending Mail Ballot Deadline in Six Counties to June 9
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Amends Emergency Declaration to Add Erie, Delaware and Montgomery Counties for Assistance During Protests
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more