"Arts organizations are an important part of their communities and contribute to the economic health of our state," said Gov. Wolf. "The COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for many organizations, including the arts. The National Endowment for the Arts recognized the role of the arts in Pennsylvania and the need to help artists and the organizations that support them to inspire creativity and vitality in our commonwealth."
More on The PennZone
- Reuben's Meal Plans Launched Discount Prices on Its Monthly Diet Meal Plans
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces $96 Million for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- "The Best Soccer Show," Officially Launches August 12; U.S. Soccer's Sporting Director Earnie Stewart as First Guest
- Clarity Gold Reported 2.32 oz/t Au - Sent Crews to Three High Grade Gold Properties in BC
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
Arts and cultural economic activity, adjusted for inflation, accounted for 4.5 percent of gross domestic product or $877.8 billion, in 2017, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. In Pennsylvania, the sector contributed $25.8 billion to the state's economy and employed 176,000 workers.
"The arts and culture sector has been severely impacted by the pandemic, so we are very pleased that more than 300 arts organizations in Pennsylvania are receiving support through the CARES Act," said Karl Blischke, PCA Executive Director. "Pre-pandemic, Pennsylvania's creative economy was critical to the vitality and livability of our communities and to development of our commonwealth's talent pipeline. Support for these organizations today helps to ensure that they are positioned to play a key role in the recovery of Pennsylvania's cities and towns going forward."
A list of Pennsylvania arts organizations receiving a $50,000 award from the NEA is available here. A list of the 273 organizations receiving a $1,930 award via the PCA is available here.
More on The PennZone
- Avantor Announces Credit Rating Upgrade by S&P Global Ratings
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- Garage Door Repair Services Minneapolis Installs and Replaces Smart Garage Door Openers
Find more on Gov. Wolf's Process to Open PA here.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- TVS Pet Parade Network Sets Wildside! Marathon for August
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Tax Deed Investing Workshop on August 16, 2020
- Pennsylvania: Gobernador Wolf: $10.5 millones para ayudar a los centros de educación profesional y técnica a reanudar su funcionamiento
- Pennsylvania: La Administración Wolf destaca los mayores esfuerzos para ampliar la disponibilidad de pruebas COVID-19
- DSP Signs Hotshot Author Chris Smith—A Burgeoning Western Fiction Force
- Small Professor - A Jawn Supreme (Vol. 2)
- Introducing API® AQUASPIN™, Mars Fishcare's Newest Water-testing Technology!
- News-The rise of decentralized stablecoins-Aapleforth
- TVS Cartoon Network Sets The Skruffy Group As its First Original Production
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Provides Recommendation for School and Recreational Youth Sports
- Harrisburg Orthodontist Straightening Smiles with Affordable Braces
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf: $10.5 Million to Help Career and Technical Education Centers Resume Operations
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Sewage Macerator System for Homes and Businesses (MTN-3463)
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Highlights Increased Efforts to Expand COVID-19 Testing Availability
- First Lady, Agriculture Secretary: Every Pennsylvanian Deserves Access to Fresh, Local Food
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services