"I am thankful to the House Democrats for continuing to stand with me and showing a commitment to working collaboratively to protect the people of Pennsylvania during this ongoing public health crisis. Pennsylvanians should be thankful as well.
"Throughout this pandemic, my administration has maintained that school districts should have local control on decisions over school sports and extra-curricular activities and has no intention of changing course on this recommendation. Important mitigation measures such as face coverings and consistently maintaining social distancing of at least 6 feet must continue to be implemented to help contain the spread of the virus.
"The bill would have done nothing more than create legislation for something that already exists. Instead of wasting time on a veto override attempt on a superfluous bill, the Republican legislature needs to start taking this pandemic seriously by focusing on the health and safety of our children, staff, and teachers in their learning environments, minimizing exposure to COVID-19, and preventing the spread of this deadly virus.
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Evolus, Inc. (EOLS) Investors
- DEADLINE REMINDER: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Pintec Technology Holdings Limited (PT)
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of First American Financial Corporation (FAF) on Behalf of Investors
- TVS Inspirational Network Adds Faith Based Classic TV Shows to Post Cable Network
"The Republican legislature should take action on my plan to help Pennsylvania and instead of taking votes on meaningless bills, should provide funding for child care, fund hazard pay for frontline workers, pass legislation to give sick leave to Pennsylvanians and legalize adult-use cannabis to provide funding for businesses impacted by the pandemic."
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Fulton Financial Announces Pricing of $200 Million Offering of Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock Depositary Shares
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- What Pet Owners Need to Know About Pennsylvania's First COVID-19 Positive Cat
- FSK Announces Earnings Release and Conference Call Schedule for Third Quarter 2020
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces Plan to Waive Liquor License Fees To Provide Financial Relief to Restaurants and Bars
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- CEREC Crowns from Lehigh Valley Dentist Can Be Placed in as Little as One Visit
- Mount Wi-Fi Access Points on Walls with Oberon's 1007 Series Right-Angle Bracket
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Storage/Reminder Unit for Medication (TRO-335)
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Prosperoware Announces Recognition as Prominent Privacy Vendor in the IAPP 2020 Privacy Tech Vendor Report
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Dental Implants in Springfield Start at Only $750
- KDG Named a Top 2020 B2B Company by Clutch.co
- Freya Systems Takes Off As One Of Philadelphia100®'s Fastest Growing Companies
- Pharmaceutical Giant Mallinckrodt Bankruptcy Threatens Lawsuit Filed by Local Unions and Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition, Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars