- EQT Joins the Oil & Gas Decarbonization Charter USA - English USA - English
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- Lumena, A New Luxury Oceanfront Condominium Takes Flight on Florida's Space Coast
Governor Josh Shapiro expressed his pride in the Commonwealth's ranking, saying "My Administration has made clear from day one that we are expanding opportunities to those who want a career in public service – whether they are a recent college graduate or have years of relevant experience outside of the classroom. The Commonwealth offers Pennsylvanians a chance to serve one another every day."
The Commonwealth values its employees and offers competitive pay, benefits, work-life balance, diverse and inclusive workplaces, and opportunities for advancement. To help employees perform at their best each day, the Commonwealth recently increased the number of counseling sessions available to them at no cost through their benefits.
In order to make itself more attractive to job seekers, Governor Shapiro issued an executive order emphasizing skills and experience in state hiring. Additionally, they are expanding internship opportunities for high school and college students to raise awareness of public service and create new pipelines for talent; creating internships and apprenticeships for non-degree students pursuing careers in a variety of fields; offering the William and Hannah Penn Fellowship for job seekers with advanced degrees; and establishing a Commonwealth Chief Diversity Officer to lead diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion initiatives across Commonwealth agencies.
More on The PennZone
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- The Advanced Leadership Institute and Carnegie Mellon University Graduate the Inaugural Cohort of the National Executive Leadership Academy
- Utz Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
The survey also found that many younger workers prioritize working for an employer that has a positive impact on the world. Job seekers can visit Employment.pa.gov to view current job openings as well as upcoming job fairs and hiring events where they can meet with a Commonwealth recruiter. Careers.employment.pa.gov provides all details about all positions including those that do not require a college degree such as job titles, descriptions, salaries etc..
Secretary of Administration Neil Weaver said "We want to make the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania the leading employer in the state and the nation." He added "Our state agencies need qualified and talented Pennsylvanians to help us deliver services our 13 million fellow residents depend on."
In conclusion it is clear that Governor Josh Shapiro is committed to making Pennsylvania an attractive place for people looking for employment opportunities while also providing its current employees with competitive pay packages along with mental health resources so they can perform at their best each day
Latest on The PennZone
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Clean Express Auto Wash Continues Greater Pittsburgh Expansion With Opening of 7th Location in Mt Nebo
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Gets Stuff Done: Shapiro Administration Plugs More Than 130 Orphaned & Abandoned Wells in Just 11 Months, Surpassing the Total Over the Previous Eight Years Combined
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of Expensify, Inc. (EXFY) on Behalf of Investors
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- KeyBank Awards 21 Western Pennsylvania Organizations Through EITC Program Totaling More Than $500,000
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro and Lieutenant Governor Davis Kick Off the Christmas Season at 2023 Annual Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Leads Letter from Governors Urging the Biden-Harris Administration to Ensure Over-the-Counter Contraception is Fully Covered by Insurance, Expanding Access to Reproductive Healthcare
- Aquareyn Acquires Assets of Thar Process, Inc
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Rite Aid's Holly, Jolly Holiday How To's
- Actuated Medical Expands Expertise in Forensic DNA Analysis with Acquisition of Mitotyping Technologies LLC
- Real Estate Industry Veteran Celeste Starchild Promoted to President of InspectionGo
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sells Commercial Cleaning Service Company, Montgomery County, PA
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency