- LIGUORI ACADEMY- KRAVINSKY LITERACY PROGRAM FOUNDED BY PHILANTHROPIST, ZELL KRAVINSKY
- KiwiQA chosen as the preferred testing vendor by Stone & Chalk, leading Australia-based innovation Start-up & scaleup hub
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) has appointed Robert Sutton, MD, as chief of Critical Care Medicine in Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Sutton, who has served the last 14 years as an attending physician in the division, will continue his role in advancing research to improve the lives of patients.
"I am thrilled to announce the well-earned appointment of Dr. Robert Sutton to Chief of Critical Care Medicine," said Charles Dean Kurth, MD, anesthesiologist-in-chief and chair of the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at CHOP. "Dr. Sutton is an accomplished clinical investigator, mentor and clinician. I look forward to watching the department soar to even greater heights under his leadership. Additionally, we thank Dr. Robert Berg for his outstanding 14-year tenure. I am grateful that Dr. Berg will remain at CHOP and continue to serve as a mentor of faculty and researcher."
More on The PennZone
- Statement Pursuant to Section 19(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940: DEX
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Legislation Extending Authority of State Horse Racing Commission
- Gov. Wolf: More Than 1.7 Million Pennsylvanians Eligible for Relief on Student Loans
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- Gov. Wolf Reminds Pennsylvanians to Explore Affordable Health Care Options through Pennie Ahead of Open Enrollment Period
Dr. Sutton came to CHOP in 2002 for a residency in pediatrics. After subsequently completing a fellowship in pediatric critical care medicine at CHOP, he joined the faculty in 2008. He has served in numerous leadership roles at CHOP, including chair of the Resuscitation Committee, medical director of the Preventing Codes Outside the Intensive Care Unit Initiative, medical lead of the Critical Care Outreach team and co-director of the Resuscitation Science Center in CHOP's Research Institute. He currently holds the endowed chair in Clinical Resuscitation Science.
In addition to his roles at CHOP, he serves as professor of anesthesiology and critical care at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He has received numerous awards from the American Heart Association and the Society of Critical Care Medicine in recognition of his research accomplishments and volunteer activities. In 2021, he received the Carole Marcus Mid-Career Mentoring Award for his mentoring of postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty. He has authored more than 200 scholarly articles and delivered more than 75 lectures internationally. He has been funded by the NIH for more than a decade and is currently the principal investigator on three NIH grants aimed at improving quality of care and outcomes of children who suffer sudden cardiac arrest.
More on The PennZone
- Aspirant Announces New Organizational Effectiveness Principal
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
- Qurate Retail Group Names Scott Barnhart Chief Operating Officer
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
- Grammy® Nominated Duo Helen Bruner & Terry Jones New Single & Visuals For "At Dinner 32"
About Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia was founded in 1855 as the nation's first pediatric hospital. Through its long-standing commitment to providing exceptional patient care, training new generations of pediatric healthcare professionals, and pioneering major research initiatives, Children's Hospital has fostered many discoveries that have benefited children worldwide. Its pediatric research program is among the largest in the country. In addition, its unique family-centered care and public service programs have brought the 595-bed hospital recognition as a leading advocate for children and adolescents. For more information, visit http://www.chop.edu
Contact: Kaila Revello
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
SOURCE Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The PennZone
- Gov. Wolf's $25 Million State Child Care Tax Credit Will Support 221,000 Working Families in Pennsylvania
- Lincoln Financial Group to Report Third Quarter Earnings
- The Democracy Group launches fellowship for aspiring Gen Z podcasters
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- UnityLab Secures $4.5 Million Series A Funding to Accelerate Growth, Add Jobs and Expand Manufacturing Operations in Dushore, Pennsylvania
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Myonex Launches CTRx Europe, Central Pharmacy Network
- MolecuLight Point-of-Care Wound Imaging Devices Awarded Group Purchasing Agreement with AllSpire Health GPO
- Cantaloupe, Inc. to Delay Form 10-K Filing for Fiscal Year 2022
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Deployment of PA-Task Force 1 to Support Hurricane Ian Response
- InHome Therapy Announces $22 Million Investment Led by TT Capital Partners to Fuel Growth and Expansion
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Kitchen Magic Adopts Zero-Waste-to-Landfill Initiative
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, Lt. Gov. Fetterman: Time is Running Out for People Interested in Quick Pardons through PA Marijuana Pardon Project
- AmerisourceBergen Announces Date and Time for Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Release
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer