"I encourage all Pennsylvanians to download the app on a personal mobile device to help in the fight against COVID-19," Gov. Wolf said. "The more people who download the app, the more effective it will be in helping to stop the spread of COVID. Please download it today and make your phone part of the fight."
COVID Alert PA is a free, voluntary mobile app developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health in partnership with NearForm, UPenn and MIT Lincoln Laboratory using the Apple and Google Exposure Notification System. The app's features include an interactive COVID-19 symptom checker, opt-in for alerts for potential exposures to the virus, updates on the latest public health data about COVID-19 in PA and advice for what to do if you have a potential exposure to COVID-19.
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Evolus, Inc. (EOLS) Investors
- DEADLINE REMINDER: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Pintec Technology Holdings Limited (PT)
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of First American Financial Corporation (FAF) on Behalf of Investors
- TVS Inspirational Network Adds Faith Based Classic TV Shows to Post Cable Network
The app can be found in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store by searching for "covid alert pa."
The app is designed with privacy at the forefront. The app does not use GPS, location services, or any movement or geographical information. It will never collect, transmit or store personal information. In other words, it is completely anonymous.
Here's how COVID Alert PA works:
- The app uses anonymous Bluetooth low energy proximity technology to know when your phone is within 6 feet of another phone with the app for 15 minutes or more. When an app user confirms a positive COVID-19 test result in the app, it will check to see if it matches any of the anonymous Bluetooth close contact interactions your phone has had over the last 14 days. If there is a match, COVID Alert PA may send an alert after taking into account the date, duration of exposure and the Bluetooth signal strength (which is used to estimate how close your phone was to the phone of the person having a positive test result).
More on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Encourages Participation in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Why You Need to Toss Your Scrubs & Buy New
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- Ansys Receives Two TSMC Open Innovation Platform Partner of the Year Awards
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
"Our success in overcoming the virus depends on all of us and our collective behaviors, including wearing a mask, social distancing, proper hygiene and staying home if you feel sick," Dr. Levine said. "The COVID Alert PA app is an additional powerful tool that can be used on a voluntary basis to help keep yourself and those you care about safe."
Find more information on the COVID Alert Pennsylvania app here.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Dental Implants in Springfield Start at Only $750
- KDG Named a Top 2020 B2B Company by Clutch.co
- Freya Systems Takes Off As One Of Philadelphia100®'s Fastest Growing Companies
- Pharmaceutical Giant Mallinckrodt Bankruptcy Threatens Lawsuit Filed by Local Unions and Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition, Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc
- Hilco Redevelopment Partners to Invest Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to Decommission, Demolish and Remediate the Former PES Refinery Site in Southwest Philadelphia
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Braces in Easton for Only $3,995, No Hidden Fees
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces $181 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in 12 Counties
- Michael Meyer Hosts Virtual Event on Communication
- TVS Television Network.Com Adds Iconic Classic TV Series For Post Cable Network Service
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Pennsylvania American Water President Mike Doran Joins Pittsburgh Works Together Board of Directors
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- High School Responder President and Founder Barbara A. Grimm Announces the Launch of High School Responder™ and Appoints Fintech Pioneer Edwin P. Baldry as Chairman of the Board
- Radian to Webcast Third Quarter Conference Call
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- Entrepreneur, Investor Signs $100,000 Contract With Hotel To Host First Female Founders Pitch Summit Despite Pandemic