- EQT Joins the Oil & Gas Decarbonization Charter USA - English USA - English
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- CB Financial Services, Inc. Agrees to Sell Insurance Agency Subsidiary
AVR is a step to help ensure election security and increase voter participation. Pennsylvanians already provide proof of identity, residency, age, and citizenship at the PennDOT drivers and licensing centers – all the info required to register to vote. Electronic registrations recorded during driver's license center interactions are more secure and take a fraction of the time to process. Implementing AVR will help local election officials receive regular updates when residents obtain new identification – which residents often do when they change their name or address – to maintain the accuracy of Pennsylvania's voter rolls.
More on The PennZone
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- The Advanced Leadership Institute and Carnegie Mellon University Graduate the Inaugural Cohort of the National Executive Leadership Academy
- Utz Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
When asked how AVR makes elections more secure, Secretary Schmidt said that "whenever you have more information captured in a voter registration record – and I ran elections for 10 years in Pennsylvania's largest county – the more information that's attached to that record, like a driver's license number, the more easy it is to identify to make sure a voter doesn't for example, register more than once, and if a voter moves from one county to another, [it is easier] to link that record to eliminate any opportunity for a voter to cast more than one vote."
PennDOT Secretary Mike Carroll also commented on what happens if someone does not have citizenship or is not eligible for voting: "It doesn't even appear. If you are not an eligible voter, then you are disqualified from proceeding any further and you end the transaction with your photo without being able to register to vote."
The implementation of AVR in Pennsylvania is expected to improve election security while saving taxpayers money by streamlining the registration process.
Latest on The PennZone
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Clean Express Auto Wash Continues Greater Pittsburgh Expansion With Opening of 7th Location in Mt Nebo
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Gets Stuff Done: Shapiro Administration Plugs More Than 130 Orphaned & Abandoned Wells in Just 11 Months, Surpassing the Total Over the Previous Eight Years Combined
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of Expensify, Inc. (EXFY) on Behalf of Investors
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- KeyBank Awards 21 Western Pennsylvania Organizations Through EITC Program Totaling More Than $500,000
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro and Lieutenant Governor Davis Kick Off the Christmas Season at 2023 Annual Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Leads Letter from Governors Urging the Biden-Harris Administration to Ensure Over-the-Counter Contraception is Fully Covered by Insurance, Expanding Access to Reproductive Healthcare
- Aquareyn Acquires Assets of Thar Process, Inc
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Rite Aid's Holly, Jolly Holiday How To's
- Actuated Medical Expands Expertise in Forensic DNA Analysis with Acquisition of Mitotyping Technologies LLC
- Real Estate Industry Veteran Celeste Starchild Promoted to President of InspectionGo
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sells Commercial Cleaning Service Company, Montgomery County, PA
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency