The Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) recently authorized the transfer of $40 million to the Small Business First Fund for CWCA. PIDA authorized making $60 million available to provide loans of $100,000 or less to for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time employees. Funds are expected to become available this week.
As of 12:00 AM, March 25, there are 276 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 1,127 in 44 counties. The Department of Health also reported four new deaths, bringing the statewide death total to 11. County-specific information and a statewide map are available here. All people are either in isolation at home or being treated at the hospital.
Gov. Wolf has enacted stay-at-home orders for 10 counties: Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Erie, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, and Philadelphia counties. The newest order, for Lehigh and Northampton counties, takes effect at 8:00 PM today, Wednesday, March 25. All orders will continue until April 6, 2020.
"My top priority is to save Pennsylvania lives, then save their livelihoods. I am utilizing every resource available to assist Pennsylvania's business during this incredibly difficult time, and this small business funding availability is a step in the right direction. It will help provide a little peace of mind to hundreds of small business owners and their employees," Wolf said. "I will continue to develop ways to assist Pennsylvania's business community, as well as our workforce. I also need every Pennsylvanian to step up and do their part. The best way we can preserve our economic future is by minimizing the spread of COVID-19."
More on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf to Sen. Toomey: Please Remember Your Precedent, Wait to Confirm a New Supreme Court Justice
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Vetoes Bill that Ignores Dangers of Climate Change
- Mom-Oriented UX Design Coaching Program Offers Newest Opportunity for Success from You Are TechY
- TLC Cleaning owner Trisha Lake expands to open company's 3rd location
- DECCO announces the acquisition of IngeAgro, SA and its FullCover Ultra-Low Volume Electrostatic Application Technology expanding DECCO's postharvest business footprint into new crop markets
"In the wake of the unprecedented Coronavirus pandemic, it's important that state government is trying to respond to all manner of its impacts, and that includes providing support to our small business community," said Senate Democratic Leader Jay Costa, Jr. "The CFA took necessary and swift action to provide low interest loans to small businesses to help keep them afloat during these difficult times. I commend the leadership of Governor Wolf and the other caucuses of the General Assembly for working together so quickly to come up with a viable plan to provide this assistance."
For the purposes of this program a retail or service enterprise is defined as a for-profit business entity that is involved in the business-to-business service, business-to-public service, mercantile, commercial, or point of sale retail sectors. An agricultural producer is defined as a business involved in the management and use of a normal agricultural operation for the production of a farm commodity. A "farm commodity" is any Pennsylvania-grown agricultural, horticultural, aquacultural, vegetable, fruit, and floricultural product of the soil, livestock and meats, wools, hides, furs, poultry, eggs, dairy products, nuts, mushrooms, honey products and forest products.
"There's been major disruption to small businesses and their employees," said House Democratic Leader Frank Dermody. "This is a bipartisan down payment to get some working capital out quickly. Much more help is needed and we'll keep working on that."
Eligible costs include working capital, which for purposes of this program is considered capital used by a small business for operations, excluding fixed assets and production machinery and equipment.
More on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Discusses COVID-19 Mitigation and Government Reform
- Gov. Wolf Encourages Pennsylvanians to Download and Share COVID Alert PA App, More than 70,000 Downloads Since Launch
- Exact Solar Again Included in Inc. Magazine's Annual List of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies
- IntegraCare increases hiring, emphasizes 'happiness, joy' despite pandemic
- The Need for Greater Efficacy Drives Increased Switching from Branded TNF Inhibitors to Takeda's Entyvio, Janssen's Stelara, and Pfizer's Xeljanz in US Inflammatory Bowel Disease Market
Any eligible working capital cost, as defined above, incurred by the eligible business enterprise three months prior to submission of the loan application will count as an eligible cost toward either the loan amount or, if applicable, the matching investment requirement. Retail / service enterprises are able to incur eligible working capital costs up to six months prior to submission of the loan application.
All loan applications must be submitted through a Certified Economic Development Organization (CEDO). For the list of CEDO's operating within Pennsylvania, please refer to dced.pa.gov/programs/covid-19-working-capital-access-program-cwca/.
Businesses seeking guidance from DCED can also contact its customer service resource account at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, Pennsylvanians should follow www.governor.pa.gov and www.doh.pa.gov.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Historic State Theatre Brings Stevie Nicks to Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- Gov. Wolf Thanks House Democrats for Protecting Pennsylvanians
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- F.N.B. Corporation Announces Updated Loan Deferral Information
- 50,000 Pennsylvanians Download COVID Alert PA App in first 24 Hours, Governor Urges Everyone to Make Your Phone Part of the Fight
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Harrisburg Braces Cost Only $3,995, Including X-Rays
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- HealthPay24 Proves Value for Multiple Healthcare Organizations and Rolls Out Attractive New Product Features During Global Pandemic
- COE Distributing Recipient of Pittsburgh Top Workplaces 2020 Award
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- Actuated Medical Awarded National Institutes of Health SBIR for BabyGentleStick Heel Stick Aid
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Bradford White Water Heaters announces energy efficiency awareness campaign
- NeuroRx submits request for Emergency Use Authorization for RLF-100™ (aviptadil) in the treatment of patients with Critical COVID-19 and Respiratory Failure who have exhausted approved therapy