- EQT Joins the Oil & Gas Decarbonization Charter USA - English USA - English
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- CB Financial Services, Inc. Agrees to Sell Insurance Agency Subsidiary
The 2023-24 budget includes a $46.5 million increase to provide universal free breakfast to Pennsylvania students and free lunch to all 22,000 students who are eligible for reduced-price lunches through the National School Lunch Program. This will provide more than 1.7 million students across the Commonwealth with free breakfast – including more than 76,000 students in Bucks County.
At Maple Point Middle School alone, 800 students will now receive free breakfast thanks to this budget. Senator Frank Farry, Representative Joe Hogan, Representative John Galloway, Representative Tim Brennan, Representative Kathleen Tomlinson, and Bucks County Commissioners Robert Harvie and Diane Ellis-Marseglia joined Governor Shapiro while meeting with students and educators.
More on The PennZone
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan
- The Advanced Leadership Institute and Carnegie Mellon University Graduate the Inaugural Cohort of the National Executive Leadership Academy
- Utz Brands, Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
"I proposed providing free breakfast to Pennsylvania students in my first budget address because I believe our children need to start the day with a nutritious meal – and I know they can't learn on an empty stomach," said Governor Shapiro. "With support from both sides of the aisle, this bipartisan budget delivers on that promise."
Senator Farry added: "One in eight children in Pennsylvania face hunger and food insecurity. Bucks County is not immune to that, which is why I am pleased to support the universal free breakfast program."
The 2023-24 budget also makes critical investments in K-12 public schools with a $567 million increase in basic education funding (BEF) funding for Pennsylvania school districts – the largest increase in BEF in Pennsylvania history. All 9,527 students in the Neshaminy School District will be eligible for free breakfast as a result of this investment.
Governor Shapiro concluded: "This commonsense bipartisan budget levels the playing field by providing more than 1.7 million Pennsylvania students with free breakfast to start their day." For more information on these investments visit shapirobudget.pa.gov
Latest on The PennZone
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Clean Express Auto Wash Continues Greater Pittsburgh Expansion With Opening of 7th Location in Mt Nebo
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Gets Stuff Done: Shapiro Administration Plugs More Than 130 Orphaned & Abandoned Wells in Just 11 Months, Surpassing the Total Over the Previous Eight Years Combined
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of Expensify, Inc. (EXFY) on Behalf of Investors
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- KeyBank Awards 21 Western Pennsylvania Organizations Through EITC Program Totaling More Than $500,000
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro and Lieutenant Governor Davis Kick Off the Christmas Season at 2023 Annual Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Pennsylvania: Governor Shapiro Leads Letter from Governors Urging the Biden-Harris Administration to Ensure Over-the-Counter Contraception is Fully Covered by Insurance, Expanding Access to Reproductive Healthcare
- Aquareyn Acquires Assets of Thar Process, Inc
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- Rite Aid's Holly, Jolly Holiday How To's
- Actuated Medical Expands Expertise in Forensic DNA Analysis with Acquisition of Mitotyping Technologies LLC
- Real Estate Industry Veteran Celeste Starchild Promoted to President of InspectionGo
- The Five Pillars of Success Pillar One Strengths Outlined by Rosann Santos CPC
- Pitch Black Appoints New Chief People Officer
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sells Commercial Cleaning Service Company, Montgomery County, PA
- Emmy Award Winning Journalist Joins Prominent Haddonfield Real Estate Agency