- The 4A's You Need to Have for a Successful Marriage
- Seagis Property Group Acquires 107,642 SF Warehouse in Doral, FL
- Mux Miner Creates New System for Cryptocurrency Miners
"Wolfgang is renowned in York County and across the United States and is a major contributor to Pennsylvania's historic food and confectionary manufacturing reputation," said Gov. Wolf. "This expansion is a major win—supporting increased production for Wolfgang consumers everywhere and bringing almost 100 new manufacturing jobs to York County communities."
Wolfgang Confectioners is a leading co-manufacturer in the commercialization and scale of confectionary products for large consumer good companies and specialty entrepreneurs across the country. The expansion includes the redevelopment of an underutilized production line and the addition of a new production line that will accommodate increased consumer demand and support the facility in operating 24/7.
"We are honored by the opportunity to continue our mission to make candy and bless lives while serving our employees, community and customers," said Wolfgang Confectioners President Sam Miller. "Wolfgang has been a staple in the York community for the past 100 years and we look forward to carrying on the legacy."
More on The PennZone
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Pennsylvania: Latino Affairs Commission to Host Vaccine Clinic in Monroe County
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- PJM Donates $25,000 to Hurricane Ida Relief Efforts
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
Wolfgang Confectioners is one of the oldest family-owned chocolate companies in the U.S. It was founded in York in 1921 by Delphi Eli and Mima Mae Wolfgang as the D. E. Wolfgang Candy Company. The company has an additional site located in downtown York which includes an incubator facility.
"We are incredibly excited about Wolfgang expanding its operations and creating 95 new positions," said York County Economic Alliance (YCEA) President and CEO Kevin Schreiber. "The company's continued growth is testament to York County's stronghold in confection and food production. We appreciate the strong partnership with PA DCED and our Make Things Happen team at the YCEA. It's a sweet time to do business in Pa. and YoCo!
The company received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) for a $95,000 Pennsylvania First grant and a $50,000 workforce development grant to help the company train workers. The company has committed to investing over $3.5 million into the project and creating at least 95 new jobs over the next three years.
The project was coordinated by the Governor's Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the governor and work with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania.
More on The PennZone
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Visits Kensington, Discusses Needed Legislation to Support Efforts to Curb Increased Overdoses
- Gov. Wolf Announces Ohio-Based Food Manufacturer Selects Pennsylvania for Business Expansion, Creating Dozens of New Jobs
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
For more information about the Governor's Action Team or DCED, visit the DCED website, and be sure to stay up-to-date with all of our agency news on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
This event will be available on PACast later today.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Jews Demand Senator Casey Hear the Call for Climate Action Now!
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- PHFA issues RFP for PHARE funding to support local housing initiatives
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- AdvantaPure(R) Announces Fall Trade Show Appearances
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, State Leaders Visit Local Vaccine Clinic; Stress Importance of Getting Vaccinated and Ending COVID-19
- Grilling Enthusiasts Gather for Eggfest
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Paramount Capital Group Adds to Leadership Team with Appointment of CGO to Fuel Expansion
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Avantor® Announces Pricing of Common Stock Offering
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- ARM Institute Endorses Two More Robotics Education Programs