The first 18 counties moved to green today, including Bradford, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Montour, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Venango and Warren.
Eight counties moved to yellow today, including Dauphin, Franklin, Huntingdon, Lebanon, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, and Schuylkill.
Counties that remain in red and are expected to move to yellow by June 5 include Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lehigh, Northampton, Montgomery, and Philadelphia.
With more than half the state poised to be in the green phase on June 5, the governor this week provided an updated order for counties moving to green to give businesses and residents a clearer picture of what is permitted in that phase of reopening. The order includes these highlights:
More on The PennZone
- Jobsite Offers One Stop Place to Post Free Job Vacancies
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
- TVS Micro Channels.Com Connect with Watch Your.TV For ROKU, Amazon, Android, and Apple Apps
- Jobisite Introduced A Simple Way to Post Job to Multiple Job Boards
• Large gatherings of more than 250 prohibited.
• Restaurants and bars open at 50% occupancy.
• Personal care services (including hair salons and barbershops) open at 50% occupancy and by appointment only.
• Indoor recreation, health and wellness facilities, and personal care services (such as gyms and spas) open at 50% occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged.
• All entertainment (such as casinos, theaters, and shopping malls) open at 50% occupancy.
• Construction activity may return to full capacity with continued implementation of protocols.
• Visitation to prisons and hospitals may resume subject to the discretion of the facility. Visitors who interact with residents and patients must be diligent regarding hygiene. Given the critical importance of limiting COVID-19 exposure in nursing homes, personal care home and long-term care facilities, visitation restrictions will initially remain in place.
Business frequently asked questions were also updated and are available here.
Gov. Wolf also provided more options for counties in the yellow phase by allowing outdoor dining beginning June 5 and providing Summer Camp Guidance for providers, parents and caregivers.
More on The PennZone
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Easton Braces for All-Inclusive Price
- Dental Implants from Springfield Dentist Start at $250
- Thiel College welcomes Pittsburgh university administrator Antonio Quarterman to Board of Trustees
- Brooks Bell Launches Inaugural Report, Setting Industry Standard for Experimentation Programs
- CONSOL Provides a Preliminary Update for the Second Quarter of 2020
The Summer Camp Guidance includes information on what types of programs for children are permitted during the phased reopening, status of public playgrounds and the operation of community pools, and the status of organized team sports.
The state continues to use risk-based metrics from Carnegie Mellon University, combined with contact tracing and testing capability and a sustained reduction in COVID-19 hospitalizations, to make decisions on county moves. The 50 new cases per 100,000 population continues to be a consideration, but not a sole deciding factor.
As more counties and residents enjoy loosened restrictions, the governor stressed the need to balance resuming activities with keeping case counts low and taking personal responsibility by wearing a mask or choosing to stay away from crowds to reduce the likelihood of coming into contact with someone carrying COVID-19.
"If we take the simple steps of wearing a mask, staying home when sick, and implementing social distancing tactics, we can help eliminate the spread of COVID-19 and make a huge contribution to getting our commonwealth back on track," Gov. Wolf said.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Administración Wolf: Usen máscaras para proteger y apoyar a las empresas locales
- Pennsylvania: Dashboard Data Confirms Need for Masking, Social Distancing
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration: Wear Masks to Protect and Support Local Businesses
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Awards Nearly $19 Million for Homelessness Assistance and Prevention
- TVS-HiTopsNetwork.Com Adds Classic Cartoons to the classic kids post cable network from TVS
- Rare Tiffany Lamps and Windows, Webb Perfumes, Antique Canes, Rare Rolex 'Big Red' Daytona Among Predicted Stars of Morphy's July 14-15 Fine & Decorative Arts Auction
- News Asia: Shoutout Asia empowers fans to banter with their favourite celebs
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Releases Updated FAQs for Summer Recreation, Camps and Pools
- Wolf Administration Reminds Pennsylvanians to Wear Mask While Enjoying the Outdoors
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Its Garage Door Cable Repair Service
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Protections from Foreclosures and Evictions Through Aug. 31
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Garage Door Tracks Repair Service with the Latest Tools
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds 100 Color Classic TV Shows to the Ad Supported Post Cable Network
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- CompuData Recognized on the 2020 VAR 100 List from Accounting Today
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- In the Wake of COVID-19, Source Digital Partners With LiveXLive to Create the "Brand Safe" Marketing Strategy Businesses Need to Thrive
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Launches a Free Quote Feature