"On this one-year anniversary of clean slate implementation, we celebrate the countless lives this law has changed all across the commonwealth," Gov. Wolf said. "I'm proud that Pennsylvania is leading the way in second chances and excited to see our Clean Slate law serve as a national model for commonsense, bipartisan criminal justice reforms."
In 2018, Pennsylvania was the first in the nation to enact Clean Slate legislation, which expands criminal record sealing to include more types of offenses, including some first-degree misdemeanors, which can be sealed by filing petitions.
More on The PennZone
- HU Esports team advances to National Championship
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Jobsite Offers One Stop Place to Post Free Job Vacancies
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
The law also created an automated computer process to seal arrests that did not result in convictions within 60 days, summary convictions after 10 years, and some second and third-degree misdemeanor convictions if there are no subsequent misdemeanor or felony convictions for a period of 10 years after the time of conviction. The automatic sealing provision went into effect on June 28, 2019.
During its first year of implementation, Clean Slate in Pennsylvania has automatically sealed 35 million records.
The virtual panel, moderated by Justice Action Network president and executive director Holly Harris, focused on the bipartisan approach of Clean Slate and additional criminal justice reforms the state has enacted as well as proposed legislation that expand and eliminate obstacles for Clean Slate that could increase the number of cases automatically sealed.
More on The PennZone
- TVS Micro Channels.Com Connect with Watch Your.TV For ROKU, Amazon, Android, and Apple Apps
- Jobisite Introduced A Simple Way to Post Job to Multiple Job Boards
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Easton Braces for All-Inclusive Price
- Dental Implants from Springfield Dentist Start at $250
- Thiel College welcomes Pittsburgh university administrator Antonio Quarterman to Board of Trustees
Here are the Clean Slate numbers-to-date in Pennsylvania:
- 36,735 Individuals have had Clean Slate applied to a misdemeanor conviction. 1,148,696 Individuals have had Clean Slate applied to their record. That includes misdemeanor convictions, summary convictions and non-conviction dispositions. 2,062,108 offense tracking numbers have had Clean Slate applied to that arrest. That includes misdemeanor convictions, summary convictions and non-conviction dispositions.
For more information on Clean Slate or to seek help in accessing the program, visit mycleanslatepa.com.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- TVS Family Network.Com Signs On As 24/7 Streaming Ad Supported Channel on TVS TV Networks.Com
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Signs Executive Order Authorizing Commonwealth Agencies to Conduct Remote Administrative Proceedings
- Pennsylvania: Administración Wolf: Usen máscaras para proteger y apoyar a las empresas locales
- Pennsylvania: Dashboard Data Confirms Need for Masking, Social Distancing
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration: Wear Masks to Protect and Support Local Businesses
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Awards Nearly $19 Million for Homelessness Assistance and Prevention
- TVS-HiTopsNetwork.Com Adds Classic Cartoons to the classic kids post cable network from TVS
- Rare Tiffany Lamps and Windows, Webb Perfumes, Antique Canes, Rare Rolex 'Big Red' Daytona Among Predicted Stars of Morphy's July 14-15 Fine & Decorative Arts Auction
- News Asia: Shoutout Asia empowers fans to banter with their favourite celebs
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Releases Updated FAQs for Summer Recreation, Camps and Pools
- Wolf Administration Reminds Pennsylvanians to Wear Mask While Enjoying the Outdoors
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Its Garage Door Cable Repair Service
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Protections from Foreclosures and Evictions Through Aug. 31
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Garage Door Tracks Repair Service with the Latest Tools
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds 100 Color Classic TV Shows to the Ad Supported Post Cable Network
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- CompuData Recognized on the 2020 VAR 100 List from Accounting Today
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner