- International Paper Opens Its Newest Corrugated Packaging Facility in Atglen, Pennsylvania
- Dyson Williams, Adam Poitras, Callum Jones First Three Selections in 2023 NLL Draft
- Rite Aid and Bartell Drugs Announce Availability of Appointments for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine
"I'm proud to support the legacy of the Braddock Carnegie Library and contribute to the next chapter of growth for this building and this community," said Gov. Wolf. "Once renovated, this library will not only serve as a portal to knowledge and culture but also a safe place for residents to gather for fellowship and exercise their creativity and curiosity."
Governor Wolf supported the renovation through a $1 million Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant and a $750,000 Keystone Grant for Public Library Facilities through the Department of Education. The $1.75 million investment will support the Braddock Carnegie Library renovations that include creating universal accessibility to all three floors of the building, upgrading windows and insulation and installing a new HVAC system for year-round climate control, making rooms that were once unusable due to extreme temperatures habitable for hosting events during peak rental seasons, and modernizing the library's historic Music Hall to host performances, events, and gatherings for up to 500 people.
More on The PennZone
- COE Distributing's J.D. Ewing Honored with Top Workplaces Leadership Award
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Lumen Technologies, Inc. (LUMN) Investors
- Maryland Sedation Dentistry and Surgical Center Opens in Frederick Maryland
- LokiBots is one of the 35 early-stage Generative AI startups selected for AWS ML Elevate program 2023 cohort
- Mil-Spec Safety & Security Launches New Website
"As both a longtime resident and a former 4-term mayor who oversaw numerous redevelopment projects in Braddock, I'm proud to see this important investment right here in our community," said Lt. Gov. John Fetterman. "We're thankful to Governor Wolf for the visit, and we're grateful for the opportunities this will bring to help the people of Braddock and the surrounding area improve their lives."
The Braddock Carnegie library was the first of 1,687 free public libraries created by U.S. Steel founder Andrew Carnegie. The renovations being made will enable the library to better fulfill its social mission as a responsive, essential place of community learning, development, and enrichment for its neighbors. Currently, the Braddock Carnegie Library serves approximately 15,000 residents in five communities.
"The renovation and modernization of the Braddock Carnegie Library underscores the importance of RACP funding and highlights how public dollars can be effectively invested to evolve, sustain, and increase accessibility for critical community assets," said Vicki Vargo, executive director of the Braddock Carnegie Library Association (BCLA). "We're grateful for Governor Wolf's leadership and for Sen. Brewster and Rep. Lee's support of The Campaign for Carnegie One."
More on The PennZone
- WATCH: How Automatic Voter Registration Makes Pennsylvania's Elections More Secure
- Trinity Prairie Real Estate Lists Mesmerizing 16.78-Acre Estate in Colleyville, Texas
- Lehigh Valley Health Network and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Announce Affiliation Agreement
- Michael Del Zotto Named All Access GTE's Global Ambassador of Sport
- Hair Direct Now: Affordable Hair Systems for All Ages and Genders in Lancaster, PA - Save Big Today!
Governor Tom Wolf is a leader consistently at work for the people of Pennsylvania. Learn more about how his Priorities for Pennsylvania have fueled the commonwealth's comeback, leaving Pennsylvania in a much better place than when he arrived.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Sandrine Parkins Appointed as Head of Operations for Harvey Medical, a ClariMed Company USA - English EspaÃ±a - espaÃ±ol Deutschland - Deutsch USA - English
- Axiros Launches a New Release of their USP Agent - AXACT 2023.4
- ToastiQueen Inaugural Event: Empowering Women in Business for Financial and Mental Wellness
- North Carolina Entrepreneur Awarded 2023 Small Business Advocate of the Year By NSBA
- Instant Gourmet Coffee With The Authentic Taste & Refreshing Smell Of Cafe De Olla, Infused With The Wonderful Health Benefits Of Superfoods
- Fulton Financial Corporation Declares Quarterly Common and Preferred Dividends
- Berlin Packaging Fires Female Executive Following Complaints of Discrimination
- Carol Prushan Appointed Senior Vice President, Advancement and Alumni Relations at The American College of Financial Services
- Falcomm selected for 2023 TechCrunch Startup Battlefield 200
- What People Are Saying About Governor Shapiro Implementing Automatic Voter Registration in Pennsylvania
- Patton Acquires Tone Commander
- Customer Agility Framework™ soft launch
- THOR'S SKYR LAUNCHES NEW LACTOSE-FREE SKYR FORMULA ACROSS ALL FLAVORS
- Dash Solutions Launches Redesigned Security Platform Including New Regulatory Standards
- Introducing EZ.Insure's New Self-Enrollment Health Insurance Comparison Tool
- New Kickstarter Campaign - 7 Exclusive Novels from Ray Keating
- Moolwan releases 10 new Home Decor Items to help customers decorate their homes into opulent masterpieces
- Governor Shapiro Implements Automatic Voter Registration in Pennsylvania, Joining Bipartisan Group of States That Have Taken Commonsense Step to Make Voter Registration More Streamlined and Secure
- City of Fairfax triples access to public restrooms with innovative high tech solution
- ASML To Top WFE Semiconductor Equipment In 2023 Overtaking Applied Materials Says The Information Ne