- LIGUORI ACADEMY- KRAVINSKY LITERACY PROGRAM FOUNDED BY PHILANTHROPIST, ZELL KRAVINSKY
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
- KiwiQA chosen as the preferred testing vendor by Stone & Chalk, leading Australia-based innovation Start-up & scaleup hub
"I'm proud to support the legacy of the Braddock Carnegie Library and contribute to the next chapter of growth for this building and this community," said Gov. Wolf. "Once renovated, this library will not only serve as a portal to knowledge and culture but also a safe place for residents to gather for fellowship and exercise their creativity and curiosity."
Governor Wolf supported the renovation through a $1 million Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant and a $750,000 Keystone Grant for Public Library Facilities through the Department of Education. The $1.75 million investment will support the Braddock Carnegie Library renovations that include creating universal accessibility to all three floors of the building, upgrading windows and insulation and installing a new HVAC system for year-round climate control, making rooms that were once unusable due to extreme temperatures habitable for hosting events during peak rental seasons, and modernizing the library's historic Music Hall to host performances, events, and gatherings for up to 500 people.
More on The PennZone
- Statement Pursuant to Section 19(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940: DEX
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Legislation Extending Authority of State Horse Racing Commission
- Gov. Wolf: More Than 1.7 Million Pennsylvanians Eligible for Relief on Student Loans
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- Gov. Wolf Reminds Pennsylvanians to Explore Affordable Health Care Options through Pennie Ahead of Open Enrollment Period
"As both a longtime resident and a former 4-term mayor who oversaw numerous redevelopment projects in Braddock, I'm proud to see this important investment right here in our community," said Lt. Gov. John Fetterman. "We're thankful to Governor Wolf for the visit, and we're grateful for the opportunities this will bring to help the people of Braddock and the surrounding area improve their lives."
The Braddock Carnegie library was the first of 1,687 free public libraries created by U.S. Steel founder Andrew Carnegie. The renovations being made will enable the library to better fulfill its social mission as a responsive, essential place of community learning, development, and enrichment for its neighbors. Currently, the Braddock Carnegie Library serves approximately 15,000 residents in five communities.
"The renovation and modernization of the Braddock Carnegie Library underscores the importance of RACP funding and highlights how public dollars can be effectively invested to evolve, sustain, and increase accessibility for critical community assets," said Vicki Vargo, executive director of the Braddock Carnegie Library Association (BCLA). "We're grateful for Governor Wolf's leadership and for Sen. Brewster and Rep. Lee's support of The Campaign for Carnegie One."
More on The PennZone
- Aspirant Announces New Organizational Effectiveness Principal
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
- Qurate Retail Group Names Scott Barnhart Chief Operating Officer
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
- Grammy® Nominated Duo Helen Bruner & Terry Jones New Single & Visuals For "At Dinner 32"
Governor Tom Wolf is a leader consistently at work for the people of Pennsylvania. Learn more about how his Priorities for Pennsylvania have fueled the commonwealth's comeback, leaving Pennsylvania in a much better place than when he arrived.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Gov. Wolf's $25 Million State Child Care Tax Credit Will Support 221,000 Working Families in Pennsylvania
- Lincoln Financial Group to Report Third Quarter Earnings
- The Democracy Group launches fellowship for aspiring Gen Z podcasters
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- UnityLab Secures $4.5 Million Series A Funding to Accelerate Growth, Add Jobs and Expand Manufacturing Operations in Dushore, Pennsylvania
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Myonex Launches CTRx Europe, Central Pharmacy Network
- MolecuLight Point-of-Care Wound Imaging Devices Awarded Group Purchasing Agreement with AllSpire Health GPO
- Cantaloupe, Inc. to Delay Form 10-K Filing for Fiscal Year 2022
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Deployment of PA-Task Force 1 to Support Hurricane Ian Response
- InHome Therapy Announces $22 Million Investment Led by TT Capital Partners to Fuel Growth and Expansion
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Kitchen Magic Adopts Zero-Waste-to-Landfill Initiative
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, Lt. Gov. Fetterman: Time is Running Out for People Interested in Quick Pardons through PA Marijuana Pardon Project
- AmerisourceBergen Announces Date and Time for Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Release
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer