- Heartland Restaurant Group Seeks General Managers to Support Continued Growth
- Power Conference 2023 Prelude - Release Service
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
"Millions of people in the southeastern United States will have a long road ahead of them in terms of response and recovery," said Gov. Wolf. "We are in close contact with emergency management partners in those states and will remain ready and willing to assist however they need us in the weeks and months ahead."
Gov. Wolf said the two members of PA Task Force 1 (PATF-1) who deployed to Puerto Rico ahead of Hurricane Fiona were reassigned to Florida in advance of Hurricane Ian. They are part of a federal Incident Support Team that will work with Florida emergency management and response personnel to augment operations.
According to the National Weather Service, at this time Hurricane Ian is unlikely to bring significant storm conditions to Pennsylvania, although rain from the system could arrive across southern parts of the state over the weekend. Residents are encouraged to stay alert, as forecasts can change as the system gets closer over the next few days.
More on The PennZone
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Magnolias of Chambersburg Cuisineur Brings Decade of Experience to Senior Community
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Kessel Construction, Inc. Achieves AC478 Accreditation
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf: Don't Miss Last Chance to Apply for Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and Bonus Rebate
PATF-1 is one of 28 teams that are part of the National Urban Search and Rescue Response System and is a federal resource that can quickly be mobilized to deploy to incidents anywhere in the country. The team is sponsored by the Philadelphia Fire Department.
Gov. Wolf said the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency is also monitoring the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) system for requests for assistance. EMAC is a formal agreement that allows all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands to share resources, such as personnel or equipment, during disasters. All costs associated with an EMAC deployment are paid by the requesting state.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Westinghouse Brings SMART Metals Recycling and Treatment to the UK
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Announces Presentations and Investor Event at American Epilepsy Society 2022 Annual Meeting
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Celebrates 5,000 Deliveries in Garbose Family Special Delivery Unit
- Bucks County Dentist Offers Affordable Dental Extractions
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st
- Deadline Reminder: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Olaplex Holdings, Inc. (OLPX)
- National Minority Health Association Selected by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative for Grant
- Pennsylvania: Gov. & First Lady Wolf to Light Capitol Tree on Monday, December 5
- Lincoln Financial Group enhances supplemental health suite with expanded Hospital Indemnity insurance coverage
- Insomnia Cookies Celebrates National Cookie Day with a Week of Deals
- Evoqua Water Technologies Recognized by Frost & Sullivan as Global Company of the Year in the Water Technology Industry
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Essential Utilities' Aqua Illinois Subsidiary Acquires Oak Brook Water Assets
- Affordable Orthodontic Care Available in Harrisburg
- Actuated Medical Awarded NIH SBIR for the Miniature Ultrasound Beamforming Array (MUBA)
- MBCEA Midwest Chapter Elects Jeff Wolgamott President
- Pennsylvania Commission for Women Opens Nomination Period for 2023 Female Veterans Day Celebration
- High Quality Veneers Available at Center Valley Dental
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Highlights $2.5 Million Capital Investment for Philadelphia LGBT Community Center Renovations
- Southampton Dental Practice Offering Affordable Dentures