- International Paper Opens Its Newest Corrugated Packaging Facility in Atglen, Pennsylvania
- Dyson Williams, Adam Poitras, Callum Jones First Three Selections in 2023 NLL Draft
- Pizza Hut Joins Colony Ridge Communities, Amplifying the Neighborhood's Vibrant Offerings!
The two recipients are Nina A. Juntereal, a PhD Nursing Student at University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, who is receiving the Margaret Comerford Freda March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship Award; and Corona Blakey, a BSN Student at University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, who is receiving the March of Dimes Undergraduate Nursing Diversity Scholarship. Both will receive a $10,000 scholarship supported this year by Pampers®, a March of Dimes partner for more than 25 years.
Karen Walker Johnson, interim CEO at March of Dimes said: "With hospital closures, inflation and burnout from COVID-19 further stretching our healthcare system, our country's infant and maternal health crisis continues to intensify. The need for nurses is at an all-time high in order to improve infant and maternal outcomes. We are honored to invest in advancing the careers of the remarkable nurses on the front lines dedicated to the very same mission."
More on The PennZone
- COE Distributing's J.D. Ewing Honored with Top Workplaces Leadership Award
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Lumen Technologies, Inc. (LUMN) Investors
- Maryland Sedation Dentistry and Surgical Center Opens in Frederick Maryland
- LokiBots is one of the 35 early-stage Generative AI startups selected for AWS ML Elevate program 2023 cohort
- Mil-Spec Safety & Security Launches New Website
Sarah Pasquinucci, Senior Director of North America Communications at Pampers® said: "These scholarships spotlight the importance of maternal health equity and promote excellence in nursing care. We are proud for Pampers and March of Dimes to join forces and address maternal health inequity, confront systemic bias, and reduce the increased risk of complications and death that Black moms in America face today."
Nina A. Juntereal expressed her commitment to contribute to maternal-child health by advancing science related to human milk as well as advocating for equitable access to lactation care for all infants and families. Corona Blakey spoke about her desire to increase representation among midwives in America as well as advocating for policy changes that will help break down barriers between income level or race with quality healthcare access.
For more information on the Nursing Scholarship program visit marchofdimes.org/nursingscholarships
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The PennZone
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Everest Discovery's Sue Pellegrino and Josh Williams to Speak at Fest Desk During Relativity Fest
- Latest Clinical Evidence Presented at APWCA's Wound Week™ 2023 Illustrates the Significant and New Clinical Utility of the MolecuLight Point-of-Care Imaging Platform
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030
- Selling a Life Insurance Policy Might be a Better Option Than Letting it Lapse or Surrendering it
- Jiritsu Raises $10.2 Million in Funding to Revolutionize Verifiable Compute
- Heartland Soccer Set to Host Sold Out Midwest All Boys Tournament this Weekend
- Material Capital Partners Completes Exit of The Preserve at Sweetwater, Expands BFR Pipeline in the Southeast
- Exeter Orthodontics in Allentown Leads with Affordable Invisalign Solutions
- Tobu Railway Launches Its Latest Model "Spacia X" Express Train with 40% Reduced CO2 Emissions Compared with the Previous Spacia Fleet
- Sandrine Parkins Appointed as Head of Operations for Harvey Medical, a ClariMed Company USA - English EspaÃ±a - espaÃ±ol Deutschland - Deutsch USA - English
- Axiros Launches a New Release of their USP Agent - AXACT 2023.4
- ToastiQueen Inaugural Event: Empowering Women in Business for Financial and Mental Wellness
- North Carolina Entrepreneur Awarded 2023 Small Business Advocate of the Year By NSBA
- Instant Gourmet Coffee With The Authentic Taste & Refreshing Smell Of Cafe De Olla, Infused With The Wonderful Health Benefits Of Superfoods