- Heartland Restaurant Group Seeks General Managers to Support Continued Growth
- Power Conference 2023 Prelude - Release Service
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
"The president's plan will change countless lives in Pennsylvania. It will provide relief not only for the debt holders, but for their families and their communities," Gov. Wolf said. "I'm grateful that President Joe Biden recognized the positive impact of providing this relief program and I encourage all those paying student loans to check their eligibility and use this opportunity to shed crippling debt and bring their dreams a bit closer to reality."
These student loan borrowers will not be taxed by the state for this relief.
In August, the Biden Administration announced its plan to cancel up to $20,000 in student debt for eligible borrowers. The Student Debt Relief Plan is designed to help borrowers and families continue to recover from the pandemic as they prepare to resume student loan payments in January 2023. Nearly 90% of relief dollars will go to those earning less than $75,000 per year.
More on The PennZone
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Magnolias of Chambersburg Cuisineur Brings Decade of Experience to Senior Community
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Kessel Construction, Inc. Achieves AC478 Accreditation
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf: Don't Miss Last Chance to Apply for Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and Bonus Rebate
In Pennsylvania, there are 1,717300 borrowers who are eligible for debt relief, including 988,800 who are eligible for $20,000 in debt relief, and 731,000 who will have their federal loans completely forgiven, according to the federal Department of Education (DOE).
"This debt relief plan means more breathing room for millions of families," U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona said. "It means renters pursuing the dream of homeownership It means parents who thought they'd be paying student debt for the rest of their lives will, for the first time, be able to save for their children's college education."
More information on the program is available at www.studentaid.gov/debtrelief. In October, the DOE will contact eligible borrowers and make the relief application available.
Governor Wolf is a leader consistently at work for the people of Pennsylvania. Learn more about how his Priorities for Pennsylvania have fueled the commonwealth's comeback, leaving Pennsylvania in a much better place than when he arrived.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Westinghouse Brings SMART Metals Recycling and Treatment to the UK
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Announces Presentations and Investor Event at American Epilepsy Society 2022 Annual Meeting
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Celebrates 5,000 Deliveries in Garbose Family Special Delivery Unit
- Bucks County Dentist Offers Affordable Dental Extractions
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st
- Deadline Reminder: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Olaplex Holdings, Inc. (OLPX)
- National Minority Health Association Selected by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative for Grant
- Pennsylvania: Gov. & First Lady Wolf to Light Capitol Tree on Monday, December 5
- Lincoln Financial Group enhances supplemental health suite with expanded Hospital Indemnity insurance coverage
- Insomnia Cookies Celebrates National Cookie Day with a Week of Deals
- Evoqua Water Technologies Recognized by Frost & Sullivan as Global Company of the Year in the Water Technology Industry
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Essential Utilities' Aqua Illinois Subsidiary Acquires Oak Brook Water Assets
- Affordable Orthodontic Care Available in Harrisburg
- Actuated Medical Awarded NIH SBIR for the Miniature Ultrasound Beamforming Array (MUBA)
- MBCEA Midwest Chapter Elects Jeff Wolgamott President
- Pennsylvania Commission for Women Opens Nomination Period for 2023 Female Veterans Day Celebration
- High Quality Veneers Available at Center Valley Dental
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Highlights $2.5 Million Capital Investment for Philadelphia LGBT Community Center Renovations
- Southampton Dental Practice Offering Affordable Dentures