- LIGUORI ACADEMY- KRAVINSKY LITERACY PROGRAM FOUNDED BY PHILANTHROPIST, ZELL KRAVINSKY
- KiwiQA chosen as the preferred testing vendor by Stone & Chalk, leading Australia-based innovation Start-up & scaleup hub
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
WASHINGTON, Aug. 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Local union leaders representing Teamsters at DHL Express met in Philadelphia today and unanimously endorsed a tentative DHL National Master Agreement at the logistics company. The four-year contract proposal and supplemental agreements, both local and regional, will now go the membership for a democratic ratification vote in August.
"In all my years negotiating on behalf of DHL workers, this tentative agreement is by far the strongest we've ever secured. It's also the richest in terms of wages. This contract and its supplements will protect DHL workers with the pay, benefits and working conditions they deserve," said Bill Hamilton, International Vice President and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters DHL Negotiating Committee.
If ratified, Hamilton noted, the new national contract will be the most lucrative national master agreement at DHL in Teamster history, with significant wage increases across all classifications—for both full-time and part-time workers—retroactive to April 1.
More on The PennZone
- Statement Pursuant to Section 19(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940: DEX
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Signs Legislation Extending Authority of State Horse Racing Commission
- Gov. Wolf: More Than 1.7 Million Pennsylvanians Eligible for Relief on Student Loans
- Ironside Human Resources Announces Office Expansion Due to Rapid Growth
- Gov. Wolf Reminds Pennsylvanians to Explore Affordable Health Care Options through Pennie Ahead of Open Enrollment Period
In addition to historic wage increases, the tentative agreement also maintains workers' health and welfare plans and pension plans through increases in employer contributions. Other highlights include the addition of MLK Day as an observed paid holiday; an increase of paid holiday leave for part-time workers; improved ability to take paid funeral leave; reimbursement for all required CDL costs; stronger seniority protections for day-to-day cutting of routes; and protections against inward-facing cameras in delivery vehicles.
The negotiating committee also maintained the Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA), which could result in additional significant wage increases next year. The tentative agreement contains no givebacks or concessions.
The tentative National Master DHL Agreement runs from April 1, 2022, through March 31, 2026. Local unions will be reaching out to members about the details of the voting process, and updates will be posted online.
More on The PennZone
- Aspirant Announces New Organizational Effectiveness Principal
- Evangeline M. Mitchell Named as the Recipient of the Bar Association of DC's 150th Anniversary Presidential Award
- Qurate Retail Group Names Scott Barnhart Chief Operating Officer
- Corrupt Nypd Official Captured On Camera
- Grammy® Nominated Duo Helen Bruner & Terry Jones New Single & Visuals For "At Dinner 32"
"I want to thank our members across the country for staying united throughout the bargaining process, especially the rank-and-file members who served on the negotiating committees. Their hard work and dedication were crucial to securing a strong agreement," Hamilton said.
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.2 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
Daniel Moskowitz, (770) 262-4971
SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The PennZone
- Gov. Wolf's $25 Million State Child Care Tax Credit Will Support 221,000 Working Families in Pennsylvania
- Lincoln Financial Group to Report Third Quarter Earnings
- The Democracy Group launches fellowship for aspiring Gen Z podcasters
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- UnityLab Secures $4.5 Million Series A Funding to Accelerate Growth, Add Jobs and Expand Manufacturing Operations in Dushore, Pennsylvania
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Myonex Launches CTRx Europe, Central Pharmacy Network
- MolecuLight Point-of-Care Wound Imaging Devices Awarded Group Purchasing Agreement with AllSpire Health GPO
- Cantaloupe, Inc. to Delay Form 10-K Filing for Fiscal Year 2022
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- The World's First Stuttering Mentalist - Johnathan Smith Is A Story Of Determination And Hard Work
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Deployment of PA-Task Force 1 to Support Hurricane Ian Response
- InHome Therapy Announces $22 Million Investment Led by TT Capital Partners to Fuel Growth and Expansion
- BEAR Technologies Successfully Completes 2022 SOC 2 Type II Audit
- Exterro Launches FTK® Suite 7.6, Introducing Mobile Parsing, Automation Capabilities, And Industry-First Remote Endpoint Triage
- Kitchen Magic Adopts Zero-Waste-to-Landfill Initiative
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, Lt. Gov. Fetterman: Time is Running Out for People Interested in Quick Pardons through PA Marijuana Pardon Project
- AmerisourceBergen Announces Date and Time for Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2022 Earnings Release
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer