"Our administration remains committed to supporting programs like the Iron Worker Apprenticeship Workforce Expansion Project and providing manufacturers with skilled workers eager to help grow the Pennsylvania economy," Governor Wolf said. "This project will grow employers' talent pools with qualified applicants, while preparing trainees for life-long sustainable careers."
The grant will award $300,000 to the Ironworkers Joint Apprenticeship and Journeyman Training Fund, which will work with Songer Steel Services Inc, Abate Irwin, Chapman Corporation, Avalotis Corporation, Matrix North America, De-Cal, and Century Steel Erectors to carry out the Iron Worker Apprenticeship Workforce Expansion Project.
The project will train an additional 60 apprentices, further growing the state's manufacturing sector. It will provide opportunities for a diverse group of young Pennsylvanians to jumpstart sustainable trade careers in a growing, high-demand industry. The projected income levels of the jobs will allow these trainees to provide for their families, build a sense of self-worth and continue to be a driving force in growing the economy during their work experience.
More on The PennZone
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Pennsylvania: Yellow Phase Orders Updated to Include Eight Additional Counties Moving on May 29
- How to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
"Iron Workers Local #3 Apprenticeship would like to extend our most sincere thanks to Governor Wolf for this Manufacturing PA grant," said Paul Ribarchak, training director for Iron Workers Local Union #3. "The apprenticeship program is the backbone of our union. This grant will allow us to continue training to the highest standards and provide a skilled, on demand workforce for our employers working in Western Pennsylvania's manufacturing facilities."
Governor Wolf's Manufacturing PA initiative was launched in October 2017. This initiative ensures that training leads not simply to any job, but to careers that provide higher pay and opportunities for advancement. Working with DCED's strategic partners, including Industrial Resource Centers (IRCs), Pennsylvania's colleges, universities, technical schools, and non-profit organizations, this initiative fosters collaboration and partnerships to accelerate technology advancement, encourage innovation and commercialization, and build a 21st century workforce.
More on The PennZone
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- KDG IT Team in Allentown Helping Remote Workforces Stay Connected
- InventHelp Presents a Multi-use Handheld Saw (OCC-1495)
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Distributes Testing Supplies to Hospitals, More Than 67,000 Patients Tested Since March
For more information about the Wolf Administration's commitment to manufacturing, visit the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- NewAge(R) Industries Purchases Additional Facility to House Tubing Extruders & Mold Presses
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces Low-Interest Loans for Those Affected by Huntingdon County Fire
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- New Springfield Dentist Offering Dental Implants, Dentures, Crowns, and Extractions
- Gov. Wolf Thanks Pennsylvanians for Their Part to Slow the Spread of COVID-19, Centre County to Move to Green
- Using Sous Vide Systems for Reliable Order Fulfillment & Superior Cooked Meats
- Chelsea Partners with Elevations Building Systems for Everlast® Siding Distribution
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Cushioned Wire Barrier (LGI-2865)
- Laser-View Technologies, Inc. and Codale (Salt Lake City, Utah) announce distribution agreement
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Financial Advisor Fanny Cruz of Edward Jones Receives Accredited Asset Management Specialist(SM) Designation
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)