"Our administration remains committed to supporting programs like the Iron Worker Apprenticeship Workforce Expansion Project and providing manufacturers with skilled workers eager to help grow the Pennsylvania economy," Governor Wolf said. "This project will grow employers' talent pools with qualified applicants, while preparing trainees for life-long sustainable careers."
The grant will award $300,000 to the Ironworkers Joint Apprenticeship and Journeyman Training Fund, which will work with Songer Steel Services Inc, Abate Irwin, Chapman Corporation, Avalotis Corporation, Matrix North America, De-Cal, and Century Steel Erectors to carry out the Iron Worker Apprenticeship Workforce Expansion Project.
The project will train an additional 60 apprentices, further growing the state's manufacturing sector. It will provide opportunities for a diverse group of young Pennsylvanians to jumpstart sustainable trade careers in a growing, high-demand industry. The projected income levels of the jobs will allow these trainees to provide for their families, build a sense of self-worth and continue to be a driving force in growing the economy during their work experience.
More on The PennZone
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- Steel Container Manufacturer Expands in Pennsylvania, Supporting 96 Jobs
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- Thiel College to host Community Medical Ethics Project event
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
"Iron Workers Local #3 Apprenticeship would like to extend our most sincere thanks to Governor Wolf for this Manufacturing PA grant," said Paul Ribarchak, training director for Iron Workers Local Union #3. "The apprenticeship program is the backbone of our union. This grant will allow us to continue training to the highest standards and provide a skilled, on demand workforce for our employers working in Western Pennsylvania's manufacturing facilities."
Governor Wolf's Manufacturing PA initiative was launched in October 2017. This initiative ensures that training leads not simply to any job, but to careers that provide higher pay and opportunities for advancement. Working with DCED's strategic partners, including Industrial Resource Centers (IRCs), Pennsylvania's colleges, universities, technical schools, and non-profit organizations, this initiative fosters collaboration and partnerships to accelerate technology advancement, encourage innovation and commercialization, and build a 21st century workforce.
More on The PennZone
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
For more information about the Wolf Administration's commitment to manufacturing, visit the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana Maryland Moving to Urbana Giant Shopping Center
- 1st Defense Self-Storage Sets The Standard For Self-Storage In Corpus Christi
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- American Wild Horses Set On Path To Extinction?
- Off-Site Construction Builder Connecticut Valley Homes Wins Multiple Awards from the National Association of Home Builders
- Introducing the Live Active Five: Now Available in the U.S
- Gamry Instruments to Participate in a Presentation at NACE Corrosion 2020
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sponsors Event for Daniel K. Wepryk Foundation
- Canadian Technology Startup Program Selects California-based New Frontier Aerospace for its 2019/20 Cohort
- Paramount Management Group Recognizes Talent by Promoting Two of Its Leaders
- Paramount Management Group Acquires Certain Assets of New York-Based CNY ATM
- JUST RELEASED...CHRIS JASPER reinvents his ISLEY BROTHERS Classic "For The Love Of You"
- Spending Cuts By Memory Companies Muting Semiconductor Equipment Growth in 2020
- Halloween Escape Rooms Have Opened at Escape My Reality
- Philly-Based Independent Artist Matthew John Pulls No Punches in his Quest to Reach the Stars
- Astor Capital Fund in Rumored Talks to Explore a $5 Billion Bank Merger with Saudi Alinma Bank
- The latest IoT building controller from EasyIO pacts a punch
- Astor Capital Fund in Talks to Carve Out $22M Tech Partnership Venture with Saudi Investors
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- E-Camping Us: Important Camping Supplies for a Successful Trip