The governor made the following statement:
"Three weeks ago, the Trump campaign held a rally here in Pennsylvania that violated the commonwealth's public health guidance by disregarding gathering limits, mask orders and social distancing guidelines. My administration did not make an exception for that rally, and is still awaiting a response to a letter sent to the Trump campaign on September 10, 2020, asking them to abide by the commonwealth's COVID-19 mitigation measures in order to keep our residents safe. Again this past Tuesday, the president held a large rally in close quarters here in Pennsylvania. Once again, I am requesting that the President of the United States not endanger Pennsylvanians by holding unsafe rallies that will put Pennsylvania communities at risk.
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Evolus, Inc. (EOLS) Investors
- DEADLINE REMINDER: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Pintec Technology Holdings Limited (PT)
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation of First American Financial Corporation (FAF) on Behalf of Investors
- TVS Inspirational Network Adds Faith Based Classic TV Shows to Post Cable Network
"It is gravely concerning that the president would insist on holding this event with blatant disregard for social distancing and masking requirements. His decision to bring thousands of people together in a tight space in the midst of a global pandemic caused by an airborne virus is flat out wrong. No matter what party you support, all Americans should be very concerned that the president has put headlines and publicity above the health and safety of our families and communities. Any Pennsylvanian who chooses to attend a rally, or any large gathering, should take protective steps like wearing a mask and maintaining proper social distancing for the duration of the event. Mitigation efforts like these will help protect Pennsylvanians from potentially contracting this deadly virus and bringing it home to their families.
"It is dangerous and disappointing that the president continues to ignore science and his own health advisors while putting the lives of those who support him at risk. The president has admitted to lying about the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in the meantime, our country has lost more than 200,000 lives on his watch. While we continue to see only tepid and contradictory attempts at leadership from the White House, families have lost loved ones, the economy has taken a massive hit and communities are crying out for help.
More on The PennZone
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Encourages Participation in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Why You Need to Toss Your Scrubs & Buy New
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- Ansys Receives Two TSMC Open Innovation Platform Partner of the Year Awards
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
"Instead of spending his time on rallies, the president should return to Washington and deal with things that matter to Pennsylvanians, like unemployment assistance, state and local aid, hazard pay and a cohesive strategy for pulling the country out of this pandemic as quickly as possible.
"To hold this event is not just misguided, it is dangerous, it is manipulative and it is wrong. I would ask Pennsylvanians to think of the health and safety of their families and their communities before attending this event or any rally put on by the Trump campaign. And I would ask the president, for once, to put the health of his constituents ahead of his own political fortunes."
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- TVS Select Network to Fill Quibi Gap With Free Mobile Program Focus on WatchYour.TV Platform
- Dental Implants in Springfield Start at Only $750
- KDG Named a Top 2020 B2B Company by Clutch.co
- Freya Systems Takes Off As One Of Philadelphia100®'s Fastest Growing Companies
- Pharmaceutical Giant Mallinckrodt Bankruptcy Threatens Lawsuit Filed by Local Unions and Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition, Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc
- Hilco Redevelopment Partners to Invest Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to Decommission, Demolish and Remediate the Former PES Refinery Site in Southwest Philadelphia
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Braces in Easton for Only $3,995, No Hidden Fees
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces $181 Million Investment in Water Infrastructure Projects in 12 Counties
- Michael Meyer Hosts Virtual Event on Communication
- TVS Television Network.Com Adds Iconic Classic TV Series For Post Cable Network Service
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- Pennsylvania American Water President Mike Doran Joins Pittsburgh Works Together Board of Directors
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- High School Responder President and Founder Barbara A. Grimm Announces the Launch of High School Responder™ and Appoints Fintech Pioneer Edwin P. Baldry as Chairman of the Board
- Radian to Webcast Third Quarter Conference Call
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- Entrepreneur, Investor Signs $100,000 Contract With Hotel To Host First Female Founders Pitch Summit Despite Pandemic