- Pennsylvania: Lt. Gov. Fetterman Submits Written Declaration to General Assembly
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Honors 50 State Employees for Excellence in Public Service
- Brett Furman Group Receives Top Producer Award in RE/MAX Pennsylvania Region
Since Gov. Wolf took office, 34 projects in Erie County have been awarded $80 million in RACP funding.
"expERIEnce Children's Museum has been an anchor of downtown Erie for more than two decades, providing a safe, innovative space for children to learn, create, and play," said Gov. Wolf. "The museum has made a difference in the lives of countless children by preparing them for a life of innovation, creation, and exploration. Those are the skills kids need for a life of success and I'm proud to invest in institutions that lay the foundation for a brighter future."
The RACP funds will help the museum to expand with a three-story, 19,000-square-foot addition to be built in an adjacent vacant lot and to enhance the accessibility of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) knowledge and experience to all area children.
"We are deeply honored to have received state funding and recognition of expERIEnce Children's Museum's role as a trusted community resource," said Ainslie Brosig, executive director, expERIEnce Children's Museum. "We are so grateful to the governor for this grant, which will enable us to expand our reach in providing a safe, family-centered educational experience that inspires creativity, exploration, and imagination through play, interactive exhibits, and innovative programming."
More on The PennZone
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Humbl LLC (HMBL) Investors
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf to Lawmakers: Enact Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence
- Industrial IoT edge is now creating savings and opening the door to new revenue sources for enterprises
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Convenient Accessory for Credit Cards (NEJ-115)
- Black Bourbon Society Partners With Jim Beam® for the 2nd Annual Open Door Tour
The museum will renovate 14,000 square feet of its existing 100-year-old building to improve its infrastructure and make it more accessible and energy efficient. A new outdoor area will also accommodate open-air programs.
"We, at the city, are really excited that the ExpERIEnce Children's Museum was awarded a $5 million state Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) grant," said Mayor Joe Schember. "The Children's Museum is an incredible resource for our community and for the downtown, and this funding is going to enable them to expand and grow to a whole new level. Our thanks go out to Governor Wolf and his team for seeing the value in this project and believing in Erie."
An economic analysis conducted last year indicated the renovated museum could bring up to $10.4 million in economic output and support 171 total jobs annually.
"We are grateful for the governor's support of the expERIEnce Children's Museum project through the RACP program and the lasting impact this funding will have on children in our region," said Tim NeCastro, president and chief executive officer of Erie Insurance and chair of the museum's capital campaign. "Our campaign team set an ambitious fundraising goal from the start because we believe families in Erie deserve the best that a children's museum can offer them. This project is also an important part of a renaissance happening in downtown Erie, a city benefitting from unprecedented investment and partnership with the public sector and well on its way to becoming a vibrant place for all to live, work and play."
More on The PennZone
- Center Valley Offers the Lehigh Valley Full-Arch Dental Implants
- IDpack in the Cloud, the official service provider for the 2022 Memorial Cup presented by Kia
- iECURE Enters Agreement with Center for Breakthrough Medicines (CBM) to Supply Materials for Future Clinical Programs
- ASI Launches iMIS.com Product Website, Expands Resources for Associations & Non-Profits
- Suzahdi on eBay Australia in Warm Winter Leather 2022
The Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program funds support critical expansion projects, providing opportunities for additional employment training, job creation and community services across the commonwealth.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Insurance Website Leader, Forge3, Ltd., Releases All-New Platform Interface, ActiveAgency Dashboard
- Stratum Nutrition® Extends Its Patent Portfolio to Europe and Canada
- St. George's School receives gift of $15 million — largest single donation in its history
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Announces New Investment in Electrical Industry Apprenticeships in Philadelphia County
- Aramark Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Pittsburgh International Airport, CNX Announce Strategy to Reduce Emissions and Costs for Transportation and Other Industries
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Penn Medicine and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Announce Partnership with Costa Rica for CAR T Cell Therapy
- PPG's Diane Kappas Recognized as 'Woman of Influence' by Pittsburgh Business Times
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces DEP Secretary Patrick McDonnell to Depart Wolf Administration, Names Ramez Ziadeh as New Acting Secretary
- DICE Dental in Springfield Gives Patients a Choice Between Conventional & Implant Dentures
- No Sugar Added, No Problem! Lily's Sweets Introduces New Gummies Nationwide Just in Time for Summer
- Deadline Reminder: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Upstart Holdings, Inc. (UPST)
- Pollock Begg's Pittsburgh Divorce Attorneys Rack Up Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Honors
- Hoffman Homes for Youth Offers New Shelter Program
- The Tax Lien Lady Presents - Live Virtual Tax Sale Success Workshop June 2 & 3, 2022
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- New Alternative to Senior Care, Rosette, Now Open on Main Line
- American Textile Continues Digital Transformation with Centric PLM™