- International Paper Opens Its Newest Corrugated Packaging Facility in Atglen, Pennsylvania
- Dyson Williams, Adam Poitras, Callum Jones First Three Selections in 2023 NLL Draft
- Rite Aid and Bartell Drugs Announce Availability of Appointments for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine
"Parts of Puerto Rico could get more than a foot of rain with this storm, and many people there are still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Maria nearly five years ago," said Gov. Wolf. "We will work with our federal partners to closely monitor conditions on the island and provide whatever support we can to the people there."
The members will serve with a federal Incident Support Team and are prepared to remain deployed in Puerto Rico for up to two weeks.
PATF-1 is one of 28 teams that are part of the National Urban Search and Rescue Response System and is a federal resource that can quickly be mobilized to deploy to incidents anywhere in the country. The team is sponsored by the Philadelphia Fire Department.
More on The PennZone
- Exeter Orthodontics in Harrisburg Offers Traditional Braces at an Unbeatable All-Inclusive Price
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex
- COE Distributing's J.D. Ewing Honored with Top Workplaces Leadership Award
- INVESTOR ALERT: Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Lumen Technologies, Inc. (LUMN) Investors
- Maryland Sedation Dentistry and Surgical Center Opens in Frederick Maryland
Gov. Wolf said the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency is also monitoring the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) system for requests for assistance. EMAC is a formal agreement that allows all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands to share resources, such as personnel or equipment, during disasters. All costs associated with an EMAC deployment are paid by the requesting state.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- Michael Del Zotto Named All Access GTE's Global Ambassador of Sport
- Hair Direct Now: Affordable Hair Systems for All Ages and Genders in Lancaster, PA - Save Big Today!
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Everest Discovery's Sue Pellegrino and Josh Williams to Speak at Fest Desk During Relativity Fest
- Latest Clinical Evidence Presented at APWCA's Wound Week™ 2023 Illustrates the Significant and New Clinical Utility of the MolecuLight Point-of-Care Imaging Platform
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030
- Selling a Life Insurance Policy Might be a Better Option Than Letting it Lapse or Surrendering it
- Jiritsu Raises $10.2 Million in Funding to Revolutionize Verifiable Compute
- Heartland Soccer Set to Host Sold Out Midwest All Boys Tournament this Weekend
- Material Capital Partners Completes Exit of The Preserve at Sweetwater, Expands BFR Pipeline in the Southeast
- Exeter Orthodontics in Allentown Leads with Affordable Invisalign Solutions
- Tobu Railway Launches Its Latest Model "Spacia X" Express Train with 40% Reduced CO2 Emissions Compared with the Previous Spacia Fleet
- Sandrine Parkins Appointed as Head of Operations for Harvey Medical, a ClariMed Company USA - English EspaÃ±a - espaÃ±ol Deutschland - Deutsch USA - English
- Axiros Launches a New Release of their USP Agent - AXACT 2023.4
- ToastiQueen Inaugural Event: Empowering Women in Business for Financial and Mental Wellness