"Education must remain a priority even during a pandemic and this budget provides schools with the stability to continue building on the progress we have made to prepare our children for a successful future," said Gov. Wolf. "Reaching an early budget agreement under these challenging circumstances is encouraging as we continue to fight the spread of COVID-19.
"While this is an encouraging step in the right direction, more needs to be done to ensure Pennsylvania has the resources it needs to protect key programs and investments."
The $25.75 billion General Fund budget in HB 2387 includes an additional $2.6 billion in federal funding provided through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, known as the CARES Act. The budget sustains funding at current year levels for Pre-K Counts and Head Start, basic and special education in K-12 schools, and higher education. The budget also provides $300 million from the CARES Act to make up for a decline in gaming revenue that annually supports school property tax relief for homeowners.
More on The PennZone
- HU Esports team advances to National Championship
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Jobsite Offers One Stop Place to Post Free Job Vacancies
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
To help communities to recover, the budget provides $420 million to assist nursing homes with COVID-19-related costs, $50 million to help Pennsylvanians with food insecurity and $225 million for grants to small businesses through the Department of Community and Economic Development.
The budget also provides $625 million to counties through block grants to help address the disruption to their budgets from the pandemic. The funding will assist counties with the cost of purchasing personal protective equipment, help local governments, and provide grants to small businesses, among other options.
"As the state's economy begins to reopen from the public health emergency, there are still unanswered questions about the state's finances, but this agreement is an important step to stabilize our schools and put Pennsylvania on a path to recovery," said Gov. Wolf.
The governor also signed HB 1083, HB 2441, HB 2442, HB 2443, HB 2444, HB 2445, HB 2467, HB 2468, HB 2469, HB 2470, HB 2471, HB 2472, HB 2473, HB 2474, HB 2475, HB 2510, SB 166, SB 1108 and SB 1122. The governor vetoed SB 1027 and HCRRR#1.
More on The PennZone
- TVS Micro Channels.Com Connect with Watch Your.TV For ROKU, Amazon, Android, and Apple Apps
- Jobisite Introduced A Simple Way to Post Job to Multiple Job Boards
- Lehigh Valley Orthodontist Offering Easton Braces for All-Inclusive Price
- Dental Implants from Springfield Dentist Start at $250
- Thiel College welcomes Pittsburgh university administrator Antonio Quarterman to Board of Trustees
Read the veto message for SB 1027 here.
Read the veto message for HCRRR#1 here.
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Latest on The PennZone
- TVS Family Network.Com Signs On As 24/7 Streaming Ad Supported Channel on TVS TV Networks.Com
- Pennsylvania: Governor Wolf Signs Executive Order Authorizing Commonwealth Agencies to Conduct Remote Administrative Proceedings
- Pennsylvania: Administración Wolf: Usen máscaras para proteger y apoyar a las empresas locales
- Pennsylvania: Dashboard Data Confirms Need for Masking, Social Distancing
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration: Wear Masks to Protect and Support Local Businesses
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Awards Nearly $19 Million for Homelessness Assistance and Prevention
- TVS-HiTopsNetwork.Com Adds Classic Cartoons to the classic kids post cable network from TVS
- Rare Tiffany Lamps and Windows, Webb Perfumes, Antique Canes, Rare Rolex 'Big Red' Daytona Among Predicted Stars of Morphy's July 14-15 Fine & Decorative Arts Auction
- News Asia: Shoutout Asia empowers fans to banter with their favourite celebs
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Pennsylvania: Wolf Administration Releases Updated FAQs for Summer Recreation, Camps and Pools
- Wolf Administration Reminds Pennsylvanians to Wear Mask While Enjoying the Outdoors
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Its Garage Door Cable Repair Service
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Announces Protections from Foreclosures and Evictions Through Aug. 31
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Garage Door Tracks Repair Service with the Latest Tools
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds 100 Color Classic TV Shows to the Ad Supported Post Cable Network
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- CompuData Recognized on the 2020 VAR 100 List from Accounting Today
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner