- The 4A's You Need to Have for a Successful Marriage
- Seagis Property Group Acquires 107,642 SF Warehouse in Doral, FL
- Mux Miner Creates New System for Cryptocurrency Miners
Also, ice cream is BIG business: Fortune Business Insights estimates the global ice cream market will reach $91.9 billion in 2027, up from $70.9 billion in 2019—a 30% jump in less than a decade.
Plus, ice cream and novelties are a family affair and not just for those enjoying it. The majority of U.S. ice cream and frozen dessert manufacturers have been in business for more than 50 years, and many are still family-owned businesses.
It's no wonder NFRA's Summer Favorites Ice Cream & Novelties promotion is bigger than ever. All over the nation, shoppers will find promotions, special deals and signage at their local supermarkets throughout July.
And to make the month even sweeter, consumers have a chance to Win Free Ice Cream & Novelties For A Year. All they have to do is visit www.EasyHomeMeals.com to enter the giveaway.
More on The PennZone
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Pennsylvania: Latino Affairs Commission to Host Vaccine Clinic in Monroe County
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- PJM Donates $25,000 to Hurricane Ida Relief Efforts
While they're there, they can also check out the crowd-pleasing, easy-to-make Pinwheel Ice Cream Cake and the grown-up Tipsy S'mores Milkshake to get into the spirit of the month.
Sprinkling On Fun Facts About Ice Cream
- The top three flavors of ice cream are Vanilla, Chocolate and Cookies 'N Cream
- Chocolate was the first ice cream flavor ever invented
- The World Record for most ice cream eaten is 16.5 pints in six minutes, set by Miki Sudo
- Chocolate chips are the most popular ice cream topping
- The average dairy cow produces enough milk in its lifetime to make 7,500 gallons of ice cream
- 9% of milk produced in the entire U.S. is used to prepare ice cream
- The biggest ice cream sundae ever was created in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1988. It weighed a whopping 24 tons
- Ice cream cones were invented at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri by concessions vendors as a way for people to eat ice cream easily while they enjoyed the fair
- Pecans are the most popular nut chunk in the U.S., and strawberries are the most popular fruit chunk
- The average number of ice cream sandwiches eaten every second is 48
- More than two billion popsicles are sold each year
Keeping It Cool
More on The PennZone
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf Visits Kensington, Discusses Needed Legislation to Support Efforts to Curb Increased Overdoses
- Gov. Wolf Announces Ohio-Based Food Manufacturer Selects Pennsylvania for Business Expansion, Creating Dozens of New Jobs
Proper storage and handling of ice cream and novelties helps to maintain the high quality and good taste of the products. Don't let your ice cream repeatedly soften and refreeze.
NFRA reminds you to make the ice cream aisle your last stop in the grocery store. Keep your frozen purchases in a separate section of the cart while shopping, and pack your ice cream in an additional brown paper bag for the ride home. They also suggest that you store your frozen treats in the main part of the freezer, not on the door, where they are subject to more fluctuating temperatures.
ALL SALES DATA SOURCED FROM: https://www.idfa.org/ice-cream-sales-trends
About National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA)
NFRA (www.nfraweb.org) is a non-profit trade association representing all segments of the frozen and refrigerated foods industry. NFRA sponsors national promotions March Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month and June/July Ice Cream & Novelties; and provides consumer information such as food safety guidelines, meal preparation tips, recipes and sweepstakes opportunities through its www.EasyHomeMeals.com consumer website and social media properties.
SOURCE National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The PennZone
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- Jews Demand Senator Casey Hear the Call for Climate Action Now!
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- PHFA issues RFP for PHARE funding to support local housing initiatives
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- AdvantaPure(R) Announces Fall Trade Show Appearances
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- Pennsylvania: Gov. Wolf, State Leaders Visit Local Vaccine Clinic; Stress Importance of Getting Vaccinated and Ending COVID-19
- Grilling Enthusiasts Gather for Eggfest
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Paramount Capital Group Adds to Leadership Team with Appointment of CGO to Fuel Expansion
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Avantor® Announces Pricing of Common Stock Offering
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event